Education Project Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Education Project Officer (WB) - (210007BM)
SCI Yemen is embarking on the Restoring Education and Learning (REAL) project, funded by the World Bank and implementing by the three implementing partners SCI, WFP and UNICEF. The project’s primary objective is to maintain access to basic education, improve conditions for learning and strengthen education sector capacity in selected districts of several governorates in Yemen targeting over 1’000 schools.
The overall role of the Education Officer is to to oversee the day to day implementation of the REAL project. The Education Officer will oversee all operations, supervise Education Assistants, and support project planning. The role will involve close coordination and collaboration with local communities, teachers, partners and children to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of SCI work. The Education Officer will spend the large majority of time in field, ensuring quality implementation of the Project activities. She/He will ensure that field level quality concerns are consistently raised to the relevant line manager.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Coordinator/SETM
Staff reporting to this post: Education Assistants
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Implement education activities under the direction of the Project Coordinator.
- Supervise Education Assistants and provide technical support to them to support teachers and community for the purpose of increasing education service provision.
- Ensure that all project planned activities are implemented on time, to quality measures and within budget as per the monthly plan.
- Develop and maintain effective filing/archiving systems, both electronic and paper.
- Update and maintain effective work plans.
- Organize, support, and facilitate training of trainers (ToT), teacher training, education personnel training, classroom observations and Teacher Learning Circles (TLCs).
- Contribute to the preparation of timely and high-quality progress reports.
- Review educational visit plans and documentation.
- Oversee education needs assessments at the school level.
Monitoring & Coordination
- Regularly travel to the field to support and monitor the REAL project activities.
- Maintain positive work relations with teachers, headmasters, and DoE representatives.
- Coordinate and hold regular meetings with stakeholders including local councils and other organizations serving children and community to understand their education priorities, familiarize them with the REAL project and its objectives and engage them in the process.
- Ensure that the REAL project is implemented in ways that are responsive to communities and children, in line with SCI’s principles, values, strategic plan and procedures.
- In coordination with MEAL team, monitor the progress of education activities against project plans and timelines and against pre-defined objectives and indicators.
- Support Baseline, ASER and Endline survey and assessment
- Facilitate third-party monitoring (TPM) team to monitor SCI REAL field project activities.
Staff supervision and mentorship
- Supervise and mentor the Education Assistants ensuring that they are empowered to achieve their performance objectives and project results.
- Provide support and training to the Education Assistants, teachers and community members to maintain the standards and improve the quality of project activities.
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by the relevant line manager
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures relevant policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Education, Social Sciences or any relevant fields.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience with INGOs/NGOs, including direct implementation of education programming.
- Significant experience leading or facilitating structured training sessions.
- Experience in working with formal school teachers.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts; ability to remain calm and professional intense situations.
- Knowledge of English and Arabic.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work diligently both independently and in a team setting.
- Previous experience in supervising teams.
- Commitment to improving the lives of children in the school and community.
- Strong understanding of the contextual situation related to education.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email)
- Background in Emergency programming.
- Understanding of the role of education in meeting the needs of conflict-affected children.
- Demonstrated experience working with children and educators; DoE-level experience is a plus.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Employee Status : Fixed Term
Closing Date: Oct 14, 2021
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل