Consultant (Senior Electrical Engineering) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Consultant (Senior Electrical Engineering)
Reports to: Senior Engineer
Location: Aden & Abyan, Yemen
Period of performance: Hundred and ten (110) days.
Global Communities is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable people. The mission of Global Communities is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a multi-year program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities in five governorates in Yemen, including Aden, Abyan, Lahj, and Taiz. The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion, promote the peaceful resolution of differences, and, where feasible, capitalize on stabilization opportunities in Yemen.
Scope of Work and Deliverables:
The Senior Electrical Engineering Consultant will:
Support the procurement process for a contracting firm to rehabilitate and upgrade the electrical network by participating in the tendering process:a) Provide responses to the Bidder’s queries and clarifications of technical nature. b) Participate in the Evaluation Committee meetings and review all bids against the advertised evaluation criteria and submitted technical specifications.c) Contribute to the preparation of offers analysis, examination, evaluation, and comparison of Bids;d) Provide input in addressing the Global Communities Contract Review Committee’s questions related to submitted bids, if required. e) Endorse the technical evaluation of recommended bid and provide price assessment of the financial offer of the winning bidder.
Support and participate in the implementation and upgrade of the electrical network in all targeted areas :a) In close coordination with the Senior Engineer, develop a plan with the selected contractor(s) on the implementation of the YCST project in accordance with the donor-approved proposal, requirements, and budget.b) In close coordination with the Senior Engineer , follow-up on the implementation of new projects to ensure that activities are implemented in accordance with the donor-approved proposal, requirements, and budget. c) Supervise all locations where the equipment needs to be installed and provide updates and recommendations.
- Check materials received at sites against damages, missing parts, and appropriate ratings; ensuring that the materials/equipment provided by a contractor(s) meet YCST specifications and standards.
- Discuss site issues with the contractor(s) and promptly report back to YCST if a problem arises that requires input.
- Advice, monitor and manage the operational phase of the facilities and procured equipment on behalf of YCST and in coordination with the PEC.
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project plan and the operations of the outcomes.
- Check and certify substantial progress/completion and the corresponding payments. Advice YCST to withhold payment for any work which has been rejected or any work which is not in compliance with the contract documents.
- Review variations that increase the contract value and require the commitment of additional funds and hence require YCST approval in writing.
- Maintain project progress log and issue certificates, notices and instructions in consultation with YCST to the contractor as may be required by the provisions of the contract requirements.
- Advice YCST on the value of the works at the date of termination, in the event of the termination of the contract.
- Assist YCST as an expert witness in litigation arising from the development or installation of equipment.d) Follow up with the Monitoring and Evaluation team in monitoring and reporting on the YCST project and responding to donor requirements and information needs.
- Any other work assigned by GC/YCST.
Under the supervision of the Senior Engineer, deliverables as the following including achieving the tasks and submission of reports in relation to the objectives outlined in the SoW :
- Support the procurement process for a contracting firm to rehabilitate and upgrade the electrical network by participating in the tendering process.
- Support and participate in the implementation and upgrade of the electrical network in all targeted areas.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports for the work implementation.
- Preparing a timetable for the activities implementation of the project.
- Coordinate with PEC and prepare Working and monitoring plans that must be implemented.
- Coordinate with PEC and prepare O&M plan and practices that include maintenance tools
- List 0f tools needed to do the weekly technical reports.
- Help with MOU preparations and coordinate with PEC to be signed.
- Handover and final technical report.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the maintenance of electrical networks with at least 5 years at the international level
- The consultant must have strong knowledge and good understanding of the following:
- Working in complex environments and large infrastructure and electrical works, particularly in the field of electrical upgrade and installations, technical project documentation development as well as supervision. This includes maintenance planning and execution installation the electrical networks and transformers.
- Working within the area of preparation, implementation and monitoring of electrical projects; methodological and calculation skills.
- Working on similar projects with focus on implementation/supervision/quality control on energy efficiency in power upgrades.
- Developing Health, Safety and Environmental Management System HSE, Quality Control and Assurance plans.
- Test & monitoring methods related to electrical network equipment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make technical presentations.
- Proven ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and liaison with authorities.
- Previous Experience with international organizations working in crisis-affected context, especially Yemen, would be an advantage.
- High level of English proficiency, both spoken and written is required
- Knowledge of Arabic, written and spoken, is a significant asset
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل