Field Monitor This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Field Monitor – Aden
Position: Field Monitor
Technical Supervisor: Project Officer
Vacancy Reference Number: FM-Aden/22
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
The Food Security and Livelihood (FSL)Programs Division closely works with the country program team in identifying, planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating development and emergency projects and programs in collaboration with local, national, and international partners.
Currently, FSL focuses on the Recovery and Development of strategic areas and support communities to develop a sustainable livelihood, coherent microfinance system, food security, water sanitation, health, and nutrition based on social cohesion and community participation to support communities affected by conflict, civil war, natural and man-made disasters. The overall objectives of the FSL division are to alleviate poverty and suffering of human kinds by providing them with long term sustainable program, improve the health conditions of the targeted beneficiaries, increase access to food for vulnerable families through involvement in conditional cash interventions such as Cash for Work (CFW), Cash for Apprenticeship (CFA), and Food for Assets (FFA) programs, increase households income, and rehabilitees food security assets in areas with a high level of food insecurity, where vulnerable households’ livelihood assets are at near collapse and coping strategies are almost exhausted leading to spiraling extreme coping behaviors like sale of houses, land, and productive assets which is greatly compromising their household food security status and reduce malnutrition rate of women and children in collaboration with international donors, INGOs, and UN agencies.
Islamic Relief Yemen (IRY) is implementing a project for Emergency Life-saving Food Assistance (ELFA) through Cash Vouchers in Aden. Therefore; IRY is seeking a potential Field Monitors to implement, operate, and control the project activities.
1. Monitor the implementation of the project at the local level in close collaboration with the with the local authority’s/ stake holders, & report any delays or issues in the field level.
2. Monitor & review deliveries, storage, transport & distribution at the designated sites & verify.
3. Review beneficiary verification and assist with the selection of community volunteers at the field level.
4. Monitor & review distribution at the designated sites & verify if the amounts received have been properly recorded, damaged or suspected to be damaged.
5. Supervise the efficient distribution at the site & ensure proper distribution of entitlements & verify appropriate are distributed.
6. Conduct regular meetings with the community leaders to discuss implementation arrangements, & other relevant issues.
7. Ensure and follow up that all reports are accurately prepared and submitted on time.
8. Report periodically to the project officer on relevant events activities, and progress.
9. Participate in team planning of field activities
10. Coordinate the cash transfer field activities with other sectors
11. Prepare required activity reports after each distribution
12. Contribute to the documentation of lessons learned and success stories from implemented activities.
13. Regularly provide feedback to the team to ensure responsiveness to changing context and concerns from communities
14. Distribute beneficiary feedback hotline cards directly to the beneficiaries.
15. Perform other related activities as requested.
- University degree in business administration economics, micro-financing, livelihood, social studies, relevant fields or equivalent.
- 2- 4years’ experience in the field of livelihood with special attention to working with INGOs/NGOs with 1 year experience in CVA
- Previous experience working in targeted areas is an advantage
- Experience in working for NGO or INGOs on Development fields with a minimum of two years of Livelihood relevant experience
- Demonstrated capacities to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.
- English-language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Power point)
Core Values (Required):
- Diversity and Inclusion
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Planning and Organizing
D) CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS
E) PROBLEM SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
- Ability to deal with complex situation and solve issues and problems
F) WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
- Located in Aden - Yemen in the project sites in the targeted areas.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل