Project Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Project Assistant – Aden Based, Geneva Call-Yemen
In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian organization, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non-State actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting project implementation, ensuring quality and results by Providing support to projects implementation, guaranteeing quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
I. Planning, Coordination & Reporting
- Assist Programme Coordinator in preparing report on all project expenses of budgets and available funding, including supporting documents.
- Support the Programme Coordinator in quality assurance of project implementation and monitoring in accordance with Geneva Call and donor work plans, budget and procedures;
- Manage safe-keeping of information and knowledge, including filing of programme documents and materials;
- Report relevant activities to Programme Coordinator to better encode activities reports into KOBO system.
- Assisting Programme Coordinator to prepare meeting minutes, field mission reports and risk assessment.
- Prepare meeting notes and documentation.
II. Communications & External relations
- Provide material (photos, videos, stories from the field) about the project and timely reports to showcase project outcomes and achievements;
- Support implementation of communications strategy including activities, campaigns, events and other initiatives.
III. Other Duties
- Attend and represent Geneva Call as required at conferences, seminars, and other forum of interest to the organization.
- Under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the Project Assistant contributes to the operations of Geneva Call in Yemen by assisting the Programme Coordinator in the implementation of project(s) according to the Programme plans, internal procedures, and guidelines as well as donor requirements and security constraints.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Completed Degree of in law/administration or relevant field;
- At least 1 years in a humanitarian/human rights/protection organization working in province and districts;
- Experience with international organizations is preferred.
- Knowledge about the Yemeni context.
- IT Tools (MS Office, Excel, email);
- Experience in reporting, monitoring and research;
- Demonstrable knowledge of issues of humanitarian affairs and humanitarian framework and capacity for in-depth analysis;
- Experience in advocacy developing professional relationships with various stakeholder including armed actors and civil society and working in a neutral and objective manner.
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process. The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the Geneva Call Performance Management guidelines. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- Type of Contract: Fixed term contract. July 2022 to Dec 2022, with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds.
- Activity rate: 100%
- Work place: Aden, Yemen
- Preferred start date: 03 July 2022
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل