The nutrition project officer will be responsible for the overall management of the day to day activities of the CMAM program at Sa’ada.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Supervision and management of the Nutrition staff (OTP, TSFP)
- Providing on-going training for all the nutrition staff including OTP, TSFP and the community volunteers
- supervise and review of weekly and monthly reports from the TSFP and Therapeutic programme(OTP) sites
- Maintain work schedule with each OTP and SFP site.
- Assign tasks among the staff according to the variation in workload, holidays, unplanned absences or illness
- Ensure the MoPHP staff as appropriate and the community leaders and chiefs are included in all decision making regarding the programme activities
- Negotiate Stabilization Care for referral with nearest relevant Hospital or health centre inpatient facility where available.
- Ensure referrals from OTP/TSFP/breast feeding support group are working smoothly.
- Follow up management of stocks with the Logistics and Administration; monitor rates of consumption and ensure supplies are ordered in a timely manner
- Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the various components of the programme, all medical and nutritional protocols, and their application
- Ensure the beneficiaries, caretakers and members of the community are treated respectfully at all times
- Lead regular nutrition team management meetings
- Ensure all authorities and communities are kept well informed of the programme,
- Prepare monthly progress reports and statistic reports and an end of project final report
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc Nutrition or equivalent; (nursing/medical qualification desirable). Nb. medically qualified and experienced personnel will also be considered.
- Experience in designing and implementing CMAM/IYCF trainings
- Experience in representation and interaction with partners & government officials.
- Good in English and fluent in Arabic.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and strategically in a team environment with all level of professional, technical and administrative staff and to integrate resources on timely and organized basis.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: email@example.com
The deadline for receiving applications is 13/09/2017.