Ended Nutrition Associate
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 75 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post secondary school certificate is desirable
Language: Fluency (Level c) in both oral and written communication in English & Arabic
Experience: 5 years of professional experience in the field of humanitarian and/or development assistance, and at least 1 year of experience in nutrition activities
This position is found in Ibb field office and the job holders will report to the Head of field office under the technical supervision of a Programme Policy Officer (Nutrition) or the designate.
The job holder will be responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard nutrition guidelines and practices. He/she is able to recommend a course of action to staff at lower levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. He/she works under minimum supervision, perform basic analysis and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of nutrition activities.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and nutrition-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of food assistance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of nutrition activities and monitoring processes as per approved project documents.
- Provide specialized project management support to nutrition programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures and or agreed country level/ cluster targets
- Responsible for preparing monthly/quarterly reports and data analysis (e.g. nutrition assistance, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Focal point for timely recording of cooperating partner distribution reports and related data entry into the corporate system
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Assist supervisor in coordination and communication with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Perform other related duties as required
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)||Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.|
|Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas||Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.|
|Emergency Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/Government||Understands and applies basic principles of eng|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition).
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
This position is open to qualified Yemeni nationals and other qualified candidates with valid Yemeni work permit/residency
- To view the job description and apply to this vacancy please go to :
- Only qualified and shortlisted candidates who meet the minimum requirements of the position will be contacted.
- Only CV submitted in English will be accepted
- The Vacancy Announcement will be closed on 13 September 2017 at 11:59 PM (Sana'a time).