ACTED is an NGO registered in France with global operations in the Middle East, Central Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa. Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED has been active in Yemen since 2012, in the areas of Food Security and Agriculture, WASH and Shelter.
Position: Field Assistant
Location: Al Dhale’e City, Al Dhale’e
Starting date: October 1
II. Background of program:
ACTED will be implementing a multi-sector project in multiple districts of Al Dhale’e governorate that will support WASH and food security needs of vulnerable communities.
The Field Supervisor will support the Project Manager in ensuring the effective implementation of all aspects of this project.
- Communicate with community representatives about project objectives and activities
- Establish positive and effective relationship with beneficiaries, community leaders, and local authorities and ensure community acceptance of the project
- Supervise overall beneficiary selection and registration and ensure that they are completed according to internal guidelines
- Supervise data entry activities of project information as needed
- Supervise field teams during implementation of project activities
- Coordinate distribution plans in close coordination with the Project Manager and supervise all project distributions
- Supervise the monitoring and follow up of ongoing project activities
- Ensure that all necessary data from the implementation sites is collected by field teams
- Ensure that all activities are implemented according to internal guidelines
- Give attention to ideas and information coming from project staff or field visits which may assist in future project proposals
- Send reports to Project Manager as requested on project activities
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested by the Project Manager
- A university degree in a related field
- Minimum 3-year experience in a similar position, preferably with a non-governmental organization
- Previous experience working in WASH projects
- Previous experience working in in-kind and cash distributions, assessments, beneficiary registration and community mobilization
- Able to access and work in all the districts of Al Dhale’e governorate
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity (esp. gender and ethnicity) is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members)
- Strong leadership and organizational skills are required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances
- Very strong English skills required
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point) required
- Understanding of the principles of non-governmental organizations is an asset.
- 6 months, renewable contract
- Send CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Al Dhalee 2 – Field Supervisor"
- The closing date for applications is 13th September 2017
Candidates from Al Dhalee governorate are strongly encouraged to apply