Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Manager
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Manager is responsible for all aspects of management and functionality of MEAL systems. With the Support of the MEAL advisor, S/he ensures that MEAL system is developed, frequently enhanced, and incorporated in new program design and implementation. S/he assists the MEAL Coordinators and oversees the implementation of MEAL systems at field offices. The incumbent works with the MEAL Advisor on strategic review, reporting and monitoring such as mid-term review, country annual plan, etc. S/he ensures that field level MEAL staff work with the field colleagues on establishing systems for learning and gathering lessons to feed in new program design. S/he leads the process of undertaking initiatives in evaluation. The MEAL Manager Support MEAL Advisor and field managers undertake actions to regularly enhance and upgrade the knowledge and skills of MEAL staff.
Key areas of accountability:
Implementation of MEAL
- Support the day to day MEAL systems development supporting to lead on the implementation of a MEAL system/ MEAL Framework OF SCI Yemen Office & Ensure that the organisation delivers on all internal and external MEAL requirements in a timely manner and with high quality information.
- Ensure the team is supported to manage and present information generated by MEAL activities, such as complaints databases, output tracker and Conduct simple data analysis and present and disseminate information to inform programme management. Including compile, the updates of the IPTT, OT, CRM and Program database at country office level
- Coordinate all outputs of the MEAL Coordinators/Officers and help presenting that in efficient manner
- With support from the MEAL Adviser and/or other senior programme staff, identify MEAL supply needs and coordinate with the logistics team to ensure materials arrive in good time.
- Ensure the MEAL system capture both quality and quantitative components; Initiate and Manage the implementation of Quality benchmarks review on a regular system
- Lead the overall implementation of accountability mechanisms at field level, e.g. complaints and feedback response mechanisms –assessment, design, implementation, and review. Implement activities to raise awareness of prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse and handling of serious complaints in line with child safeguarding policy.
- Support technical sector specialists and program managers to ensure that projects are carried out with participation of all affected communities (including children), that information is shared with affected communities (through traditional and high-tech solutions) and that they solicit and respond to community feedback.
- Technically participate and provide support to implement Evaluation, baseline and end lines
Using Learning and Feeding in Program Design
- Contribute to all project design and proposal development: theory of change, log frame and indicators and budget
- Present Information that support Technical team develop an evidence based programmes
- Support and ensures that programme goals and activities uphold the principles of the key national and international humanitarian frameworks, codes and commitments
- Integrates beneficiary accountability principles into the approach
- Ensure the development and functionality of a learning system that regularly feed into high programme design
- With support from MEAL Advisor and the HR, identify MEAL staffing needs for emergency programmes, and support rapid recruitment, induction, performance management and training.
- Lead Capacity Building Events for the MEAL and other programme staff ensuring a high capable team is in place all the time
Assisting MEAL Advisor in Global and Strategic Initiatives
- Assist the MEAL Advisor in the development of the country Annual plan, country Annual report a
- Lead the reporting process of the SC Global Indicators and ensure timely and high quality Submission
Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships:
- Actively listens to different perspectives and experiences of stakeholders
- Actively participates in networks to access and contribute to good practice at SC MEAL System
- Regularly represent SC in all networks, relevant clusters and working groups
- Support the teams to Establishes and maintains clear communication and dialogue with disaster and conflict affected people and other stakeholders
Bachelor degree/social since is preferable
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Significant years of experience of working internationally in humanitarian programmes
- Significant experience of undertaking a MEAL related role in a humanitarian context
- Previous experience of managing a team and managing projects
- Experience of, and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations
- Experience of training and capacity building
- Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of developing proposals
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- All CVs to be sent through our account firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”
- This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in YemeAll applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.