VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO - WFP/YEM/2017/26
Organizational Unit: WFP Yemen Country
Functional Title: Logistics Associate
Duty Station: Sa`ada - Yemen
Functional Level: SC 6
Contract Type and Duration: Service Contract for 1 Year renewable
Date of Issue: 31 August 2017
Closure Date: 14 September 2017
Within the assigned unit and delegated authority, Logistics Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialized queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
- Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Analyze operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
- Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
- Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
- Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies
Supply Chain Management and Optimization >> Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.
- Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt. >> Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence- based proposals.
- Information Management & Reporting >> Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.
- Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution >> Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyze proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management >> Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
- Technical Assistance and Coordination >> Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/” We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfil the needs of internal and external partners.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluent (level C) English and Arabic in both oral and written communication
Nationality and Residency: The applicant should either be a Yemeni national or have a valid Yemeni Residence/ work permit at the time of application.
- Five or more years of experience in logistics (food stock)
- Experience managing teams
Desired experiences for entry into the role
- Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
- Experience in compiling contract documentation.
- Experience in contract execution.
- Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
To view the job description and apply to this vacancy please go to: https://performancemanager5.successfactors.eu/sf/jobreq?jobId=63782&company=C0000168410P& username=
Click on “Apply” to submit your application (please note that you must complete your CV on line in order for your application to be properly submitted).
To view the job description and apply to this vacancy please go to: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=63782&company=C0000168410P&us ername=
- Create your online CV
- Click on “Apply”
- Click on Create an account
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online (use English language)