Head Of Mission Assistant
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts
and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their
vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI is currently opening a mission in Yemen. The mission will consist of an emergency and post-emergency program in the district of Al Qabbaytah, in Lahj. This position will be based in the coordination office in Aden.
I. Responsibilities and Tasks
The Head of Mission Assistant provides support upon request to the Head of Mission (HoM) with all tasks related to the latter’s role.
List of main tasks:
- Participate or accompany the HoM at meetings for humanitarian coordination / security;
- Represent the HoM by delegation with aid workers, administrative authorities, local politicians, civil society and the media
- Facilitate the proper circulation of information on the mission
Programs / humanitarian watch / coordination
- Research and collect any useful information and data relating to the strategic development and positioning of Solidarités
- Maintain the monitoring board for contractual obligations relating to each program
- Prepare the minutes of meetings the HoM attends
- Collect and compile the minutes of meetings for programs as well as activity reports on the missions and send them to the HoM
- File and archive documents related to the HoM’s responsibilities
- Establish and maintain informal relations and a network of contacts permitting the collection of information, and the monitoring and analysis of the political, security and geo-political contexts in the countries and areas of intervention
- Analyze contextual, security and geopolitical information
- Participate in the security and contextual briefing of new arrivals at the missions
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Head of Mission
Line report(s) on base: Head of Mission
II. Profile required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Languages: English compulsory
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in similar position (NGO, Private or Public sector)
Personal qualities: : rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress
- Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
- NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject.
- Final date for applications: 30 September 2017
- Important Note: Applications for this position will be screened on a rolling bases and once the matching shortlist is selected this Ad may end before the mentioned deadline.