Support Manager Assistant
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts
and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their
vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI is currently opening a mission in Yemen. The mission will consist of an emergency and post-emergency program in the district of Al Qabbaytah, in Lahj. This position will be based in the coordination office in Aden.
I. Responsibilities and Tasks
At his/her assigned base level, the administrative coordinator assistant supports the administrative coordinator in the processing of accounting operations as well as all tasks relating to Human Resources.
List of main tasks:
Administrative management of personnel:
- Welcome and participate in administrative briefing of new personnel
- Assist the administrative coordinator for the administrative management of recruitment and hiring
- Participate in the organization of training
- Ensure archiving and monitoring of individual dossiers and deliver all documents relative to the professional life of Solidarités International employees
- Ensure the confidentiality of all HR datas
- Participate in the monitoring of work contracts on the base
- Collect payment details and integrate them into the Human resources management software (Homère)
- Issue pay slips and supervise payment of salaries after approval by the administrative coordinator
- Calculate taxes and duties and create pay records for the relevant organizations
- Keep an organization chart up to date for the base
- Assist the administrative in the organization and conduct of meetings with personnel representatives
- Participate in the application of policies relating to salaries and benefits for Solidarités International
- Monitor changes in the cost of living
- Train and support team members under his or her supervision
- Ensure the minimal replacement of members of the admin services in case of absence (days of, sickness etc.)
Treasury / accounting / management
- Supervise the physical maintenance and safety of cash boxes
- Prepare monthly closing, revision and integrity of accounts for the base
- Issue vouchers, supervise archiving of records
- Participate in audits or any checks issued by partners or head office, at the base level
- Participate in the consolidation of budget follow ups and cash forecasts at the base level
- Monitor due dates for payments of contracts managed by the administrative coordinator
- List liquidity needs in concert with the admin coordinator
- Carry out pay-outs and advances, within established guidelines
- Keep the registry of cash pay-outs and the cashier’s register
- Record budgetary transfers and keep accounting codes
- Verify, before recording, that records conform to regulations and procedures of Solidarités International
- Translate accounting documents if necessary
- Exchange currencies at request of superiors
- Verify cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to superior
- Archive accounting records according to Solidarités procedures after a final verification of receipts etc.
- Guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information
Reporting / communication:
- Participate in supervision of regulations in effect
- Aid admin coordinator in relations with administrative authorities
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line manager: Administrative Coordinator
- Line report(s) on base: Administrative Coordinator
II. Profile required
- Training/education: Finance/ Accounting/Business Management / Administrative management diploma
- Languages: English compulsory
- Finance related skills : accounting, tax calculation, administrative management, Finance management related local authorities networking
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software: Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, SAGA or other accounting software is a plus.
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in similar position. (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress
- Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc) to Solidarités International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject.
- Final date for applications: 30 September 2017
- Important Note: Applications for this position will be screened on a rolling bases and once the matching shortlist is selected this Ad may end before the mentioned deadline.