Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts
and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their
vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI is currently opening a mission in Yemen. The mission will consist of an emergency and post-emergency program in the district of Al Qabbaytah, in Lahj. This position will be based in the coordination office in Aden.
I. Responsibilities and Tasks
The purchase officer carries out the purchases for the programs and structure for his/her assigned base.
He/she is one of the guarantors for implementing and respecting Solidarités International purchase procedures.
He/she is responsible for filing and archiving logistics documents linked to purchases.
List of main tasks:
Knowledge and monitoring of the market:
- Take part in the analysis of the local purchasing environment
- Update price lists and supplier files
Implementation of purchasing process:
- Receive and process requests for quotes and IOFs after verification and approval by his/her line manager
- Implement purchases while respecting the rules and approval procedures established by donors and Solidarités International
- Ensure that products purchased correspond to the requirements of the purchase officer's requirements in terms of quantity and quality
- Ensure that the format of, and information on quotes and invoices comply with regulations
- Ensure compliance with administrative procedures for the management of advances and payment of suppliers
- Establish and archive purchasing files in accordance with the rules of Solidarités International and its donors
- Monitor and update IOFs electronically
- Ensure the compilation of price lists and suppliers
- Ensure the monitoring of IOF requests and inform purchase officers of the status of their orders
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Logistics Coordinator
Line report(s) on base: Logistics Coordinator
II. Profile required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Languages: English compulsory
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in similar position (NGO, Private or Public sector)
- Personal qualities: : rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress
- Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc) to Solidarités International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject.
- Final date for applications: 30 September 2017
- Important Note: Applications for this position will be screened on a rolling bases and once the matching shortlist is selected this Ad may end before the mentioned deadline.