Ended Watchman (6)
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts
and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their
vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI is currently opening a mission in Yemen. The mission will consist of an emergency and post-emergency program in the district of Al Qabbaytah, in Lahj. This position will be based in the coordination office in Aden.
I. Responsibilities and Tasks
The Watchman monitors the Solidarités International premises in order to guarantee the security of all goods, equipment and personnel on his/her assignment area.
List of main tasks:
- Ensure that doors to premises and stocks are locked or padlocked
- Maintain sufficient lighting throughout the premises being monitored
- Ensure that all equipment at his/her disposal functions properly
- Record in the log book all vehicles that enter and leave the premises and their passengers, and the movements of people on foot
- Check that at least one occupant of every Solidarités International vehicle is in possession of a means of communication
- Stand watch at the entrance door and patrol the specified zone
- Write a service report after being relieved and a situation report whenever assuming duty
- Ensure constant radio monitoring / remain in constant contact
- If necessary, sound the alarm using the means provided for this purpose
- If an incident occurs during service, inform the line manager immediately
Even if a Watchman is asked to protect and secure goods, areas and people, under no circumstances may he/she use force or risk his/her life. If danger arises, they should use common sense to manage the situation in the best possible way.
- Filter, monitor and organize the arrival and departure of people and goods affected by or in transit through his/her assignment area
- Open the gate for vehicles and, if necessary, guide drivers entering and leaving the Solidarités premises
- Activate and switch off the generator as needed or as specified by established procedure, and fill out the log book
- Ensure that there is always a fuel reserve in the generator and check the oil level
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Logistics Coordinator
Line report(s) on base: Logistics Coordinator
II. Profile required
- Training : Ordinary National Diplôma
- Skills : Ability to work in team, good communication
- Professional experience : Previous security experience is an asset
- Personal qualities : Reactivity, Vigilant, Sociable
- Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc) to Solidarités International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject.
- Final date for applications: 30 September 2017
- Important Note: Applications for this position will be screened on a rolling bases and once the matching shortlist is selected this Ad may end before the mentioned deadline.