Cook and Cleaner Agent
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts
and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their
vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI is currently opening a mission in Yemen. The mission will consist of an emergency and post-emergency program in the district of Al Qabbaytah, in Lahj. This position will be based in the coordination office in Aden.
I. Responsibilities and Tasks
The cook/maintenance agent is responsible for preparing meals on request for Solidarités International expatriate staff, in accordance with the rules of hygiene.
He/she cleans the living and working areas of Solidarités International staff to keep them clean, hygienic and pleasant.
He/she also takes care of the laundry for Solidarités International expatriate personnel.
He/she is also responsible for purchasing the food and equipment necessary for this work, and the maintenance of his/her workspace.
List of main tasks:
- Wash dishes, plates, cutlery
- Clean the kitchen, kitchen utensils and the refrigerator. Regularly disinfect the refrigerator.
- Prepare and clean the dining area before and after meals
- Purchase the foodstuffs necessary for meal preparation, keeping to the assigned budget
- Assist the Cook with meal preparation
- When the Cook is away, prepare meals according to the set schedule, ensuring that that the food is healthy and the menus varied
- Observe essential hygiene rules and maintain the highest levels of hygiene in the kitchen and storage areas
- Stock living areas with filtered water and regularly disinfect water filters
Cleaning of SI premises:
- Disinfect floors
- Clean offices, tables, cupboards... Make beds
- Clean and disinfect the bathrooms and toilets
- Empty paper and trash cans
- Ensure that each bathroom is equipped with toilet paper, soap and a hand towel
- Wash, dry and iron clothes belonging to Solidarités expatriate personnel, as well as restroom and household linen
- Clean the kitchen and refrigerator if there is no cook
- Regularly undertake thorough cleaning
- Manage the stock of cleaning products under the supervision of his/her direct supervisor
- Ensure that no unauthorized person (except cleaner, cook and expatriates) gains access to the quarters
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line manager: Administrative Coordinator
- Line report(s) on base: Administrative Coordinator
II. Profile required
- Able to read and write
- Professional experience: a minimum of 1 year professional experience in a similar position
- Experience with NGO and with expatriate is an asset
- Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
- NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject.
- Final date for applications: 30 September 2017
- Important Note: Applications for this position will be screened on a rolling bases and once the matching shortlist is selected this Ad may end before the mentioned deadline.