WASH Program Manager Assistant
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI is currently opening a mission in Yemen. The mission will consist of an emergency and post-emergency program in the district of Al Qabbaytah, in Lahj. This position will be based in the coordination office in Aden.
I. Responsibilities and Tasks
The WaSH program manager assistant will provide support in defining and monitoring the projects.They will provide regular reports on the progress of activities to the WaSH program manager.They will coordinate the teams and activities in the absence of the WaSH program manager.The WaSH program manager assistant will participate in the drafting of reports for donors.
List of main tasks:
Assessment and design of projects
- Partake in the identification of new areas for intervention
- Partake in the design and gauging of financial, human and logistical programs
- Partake in the preparation and implementation of diagnostics
- Regularly monitor activity indicators, program results and contextual monitoring
Implementation and monitoring of activities
- Plan activities/projects in collaboration with the operational teams.
- Oversee the implementation of activities/projects and ensure meeting of deadlines and setting technical specifications
- Regularly visit the activity sites
- Support the project managers and/or the team leaders with the assessment of human needs, logistical and financial resources needed at different stages of the activities/projects
- Identify any risks and constraints related to the activity/project and propose alternate strategies to the program manager
- Assist the program manager to improve any activities/projects in the field
- Ensure that the safety of persons and equipment at intervention/project sites is guaranteed
- Inform the program manager about all the logistical and financial requirements needed/identified.
- Partake in the updating of tools for monitoring financial, logistical and operational programs (monitoring of the budget, BSCI and operations)
- Partake in the recruitment of national technical staff
- Organise regular meetings with program teams
- Supervise and monitor potential conflicts within the teams and inform the program manager in the case of a problem
- Identify and report any training needs for the teams to the program manager
- Assist with the implementation of training
- Partake in the assessment of team performance
- Monitor teams to ensure that they are adhering to health and safety regulations
- Partake in the drafting of a number of administrative documents to be signed jointly with governmental authorities, communities or partners
- Immediately report any problems or information that could affect the projects/activities or the security of the teams to the program manager
- Ensure the collection and compilation of information about the progress of projects/activities from the team leaders and/or activity officers
- Write regular reports on the progress of projects/activities for the program manager
- Partake in the drafting of reports and schedules/appendices related to the activities/projects for reports and/or sponsors
- Represent SI in collaboration with the program manager and projects/activities to the relevant bodies: local authorities, Clusters . . .
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: WaSH Program Manager
Line report(s) on base: WaSH Program Manager
II. Profile required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Languages: English compulsory
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in similar position (NGO, Private or Public sector)
Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress
- Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
- NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject.
- Final date for applications: 30 September 2017
Important Note: Applications for this position will be screened on a rolling bases and once the matching shortlist is selected this Ad may end before the mentioned deadline.