Community Mobilizer (4)
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts
and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their
vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI is currently opening a mission in Yemen. The mission will consist of an emergency and post-emergency program in the district of Al Qabbaytah, in Lahj. This position will be based in the coordination office in Aden.
I. Responsibilities and Tasks
The Community Mobilizer is in charge to create awareness of the Solidarités International programs thought targeted communities.
He/she participates to the collection of data and to the identification of the beneficiaries within the communities.
He/she participates in monitoring the implemented activities and assessing new needs.
List of main tasks:
Evaluation / diagnostic:
- Help in setting up criteria for selecting beneficiaries
- Identification of target groups through the communities (women, vulnerable…)
- Collect accurate data’s at the community level
- Assist in conducting baseline survey
- Report any emerging needs to the Program manager and his/her assistant
- Support technical team to settle committees or any other community association
Communication / representation
- Mobilize the targeted communities and create awareness about the program activities
- Listen to complains from the different groups of the communities
- Mitigate problem between communities when it arises
- Analyze actions to be done to avoid any security accident at community level
- Give support for all Solidarités International activities for community mobilization and communication with local authorities, site and village leaders
Implementation and operational monitoring
- Monitor the implemented activities at the community level by onsite regular visits
- Sensitization and training of the beneficiaries (if requested by the Program Manager)
- Follow activities implemented by other organizations in Solidarités International’s area of intervention and report to the Program Manager or his/her assistant
- Assist in conducting assessment survey to control progress of program and efficiency of activities
- Share with the Program Manager and his/her assistant every information about security, activities, logistics or administrative issues occurred at field level
- Participate in the preparation of the regular program reports
- Participate to the general program meetings (weekly, monthly…)
- Communicate orally about any important issue in internal staff meetings
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line manager: Program Manager Assistant
- Line report(s) on base: Program Manager Assistant
II. Profile required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Languages: English compulsory
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in similar position (NGO, Private or Public sector)
Personal qualities: : rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress
- Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc) to Solidarités International by email to:email@example.com
- NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject.
- Final date for applications: 30 September 2017
- Important Note: Applications for this position will be screened on a rolling bases and once the matching shortlist is selected this Ad may end before the mentioned deadline.