Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
Requirements for the position
- Degree in HR, administration, accounting, or a related field
Essential : Previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Resident within the work location area or around
- Previous experience with experience with MSF or other NGOs in HR/Finance/Administration
Essential: Fluent in Arabic and English
Other: Essential: Computer literacy. Microsoft Office is a must.
- Experience with database management
- Knowledge of HR procedures
- Experience with accountancy programs
- Competencies: planning and organisation, results and quality orientation, behavioural flexibility
Place of work: Abs District, Hajja Governorate, Republic of Yemen
Duration: Until Dec 31st 2017, with possibility of extension.
Others: Salary : Based on the organization scale
Execute administrative tasks and do follow up of project recruitments and accountancy, according to administration manager’s indications and MSF procedures.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Assist the Administration Manager with recruitments, according to MSF procedures.
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the Administration Manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Update Social security Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Draw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF ’s interests.
- Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Assist the Administration Manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity.
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the Administration Manager.
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support from the Administration Manager and/or the Accounting Manager (ACMA).
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Support the Administration Manager in translating documents into local language. Assists the Administration Manager in meetings upon request.
- Assist and/or replace the HR and Finance assistants occasionally.
- Assist the Administration manager in other administrative tasks as required
- Interested applicants should send a detailed CV in English and a scan of their diploma(s) to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org before 20th September 2017.
- Original diplomas will be requested during the interviews.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer. Both women and men are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.