Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Location: Sana’a – coordination office
Contract duration: till end of December 2017 renewable.
Contract type: Full time contract.
Reporting to: deputy of logistic coordinator / logistic coordinator.
Main Job Duties:
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager's supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor's instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person's task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Essential Secondary Education technical diploma is preferable.
- Previous working experience of two years.
- Arabic speaker, fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
- Computer literacy and radio equipment user-knowledge.
Applications must be in English language. Candidates should submit a Cover Letter and CV). Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, copies of relevant training and work certificates, and any recommendations from previous employers to the following:
Médecins sans Frontières France – Sana’a
The subject of the mail should be: logistic supervisor
Deadline for application: 16 September 2017
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-F.