Duty Station :Lahj , Abyan and Shabwa
Classification :Ungraded / MPH Contracted
Type of Appointment :3 months with possibility of extension
Under the direct supervision of migration health physician and technical guidance of the Migration Health officer/field operation officer, the incumbent will be assisting in the implementation of health activities. The incumbent is expected to carry out his/ her duties in accordance with strictest ethical standards and with due respect for gender and socio-cultural sensitivities.
The incumbent’s roles encompass a range of responsibilities in assisting the mobile team in implementing the health activities in coordination with mobile/fixed health clinic leader for the operation of the mobile/ fixed health clinics.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Drive rented vehicle(s) as a mobile health clinic which will provide health assistant IDPs/migrants in remote areas.
- Ensure the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle to make sure roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt etc.
- Arrange for all repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
- Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals.
- Make sure that the vehicle always has full tank prior departure for field trips
- Should follow the instructions of MHCS physician/MHC team leader regarding the routes to the planned destination according to the work plan.
- Ensure that the vehicle is used only for official/authorized business, during working hours/field visits as advised by the supervisor (physician/ team leader).
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials.
- Take proper measurements to reduce potential security threats to IOM staff or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes
- Collect and delivers medicines/supplies/documents as assigned.
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations (pertaining to driving) are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Perform any other duties that the supervisor may assign
Required Qualifications and Experience
- School Degree;
- Experience of driving cars and buses in difficult geographical areas
- Arabic language speaking and writing is mandatory
Required Competencies Behavioral
- Capacity to work independently, efficiently with flexibility;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including ability to speak in public, good writing, communication and negotiation skills.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation
Interested candidates are required to submit a letter of motivation and curriculum vitae marked “Driver” via e-mail through email@example.com
Only short listed applicants will be contacted
Posting Period: 10 September 2017 to 16 September 2017