Business Support Manager
Location:Aden,Taiz, Amran,Sada’a,Hajjah & Hodaidah
Save the Children in Yemen works in Child Protection, Education, Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods and WASH responding to emergencies and longer term development needs.
The Business Support Manager (BSM) is responsible for providing day-to-day leadership and management to operations in the field offices to effectively deliver Save the Children's programmes in their area, managing all field support functions staff and acting as the focal point for all local external coordination.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Key areas of accountability:
- A member of the Field Management Team and supervise business support teams working in the field office.
- Ensure technical program team are provided with needed support to allow smooth implementation of project activities according to the grant requirements, on time and within budget.
- Support the Field Manager in ensuring program & operations staff wrok in cohesion through coordination and information sharing with and between all key staff.
- Ensure that existing finance, logistics and HR guidelines and related administrative procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that each member of the business support team has a clear job description which is well understood by the individual as well as the team.
- Oversee and support the procurement process, helping to ensure that procurement is in line with the SCI procurement procedures;
- Ensure assets verification/submit asset lists, and proactively address asset needs as well as the management of assets in the field office;
- Support the transparent, rigorous recruitment and appropriate orientation of new staff;
- Ensure implementation of the performance management system;
- Directly manage a budget for operational costs in the field office and support technical staff in the budget management of program activities.
- Support/review financial reports, such as monthly Budget vs. Actual reports (Operations part) to verify transactions are allocated correctly and for necessary follow-up.
- Facilitae the signature of sub agreements at governorate level in coordination with the Government Liaison Coordinator in CO; including completing set of documentation, meetings with authorities, etc.
- Post graduate degree in management sciences
- Strong understanding of logistic, financial and HR procedures
- Fluency in written and spoken English and computer literate
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Significant experience working with an INGO in a similar position in Yemen – over 3 years.
- Skills and experience in team building, management of field offices, and representation/coordination at senior levels with the UN/INGOs, government departments and authorities.
- Experience of implementing projects funded my major institutional donors (ECHO, DfID, USAID) and basic awareness of donor compliance requirements
- Experience of budget management and oversight.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels and to motivate the field teams and partners to deliver results in difficult working environment.
- All CVs to be sent through our account email@example.com
- Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject
- This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in YemeAll applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.