Procurement & Logistics Assistant
Classification :General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment :Special Short Term (SST), 3 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Procurement & Logistics Assistant and the overall supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO), the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Performs Hodeidah sub-office LTA’s & Competitive Bids planned in efficient, transparent and timely manner in adequate coordination with management.
- Prepare and verify Bids Analyses in conformity to specified requirements (PRF), conduct appraisals and confirm terms of agreement with selected suppliers.
- Monitor that all logistics operations are accurately documented and arranged for secure and systematic filing of all logistics related documents, contracts, etc.
- Post Purchase Requisitions/Purchase Orders into PRISM accurately and in a timely manner to ensure that all procurement requests are captured in the system and commitments for various procuring projects are recorded.
- Prepare and post all Requests for Quotations (RFQ), Request for Proposal (RFP) under the guidance of the Procurement and Logistics Officer,
- Assist the procurement & Logistics unit along with PM’s of the departments such as protection, EHA, Health Units on the strategic planning for the Program’s procurement and logistic needs.
- Ensure that all Programme assets in Hodeidah are sufficiently insured at all times through a reputable Insurance Company under the best terms and conditions and follow up on any claims that may arise as well as on asset disposal in line with IN/43 Asset and Insurance Policy.
- Assist the Procurement and Logistics unit with implementation and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistical needs to support all Program’s activities in Sanaa and in Aden as well as Focal point for Hodeida sub-office (all logistics activities).
- Prepare and submit to Finance Unit all payment requests related to Utility Bills, Internet Bills, and Landlines Bills before end of the closure of the Month.
- Monitor and supply consumable spare parts required for the sub-offices generators /vehicles and provide them in a timely manner, maintain a proper schedule and fulfill the maintenance activities that required for our generators / vehicles deployed in the field.
- Identification of services providers, evaluate vendor against performance, reliability, quality, price, delivery of equipment in respect of origination best interest and donor mandates.
- Prepare tracking for each dispatch by coordination with destination sub-office and get the proper confirmation and status of the arrived goods, check that appropriate funds are available for purchase.
- Participate in the development a centralized tracking system either electronically or physically for all PRFs and POs received and posted in Procurement Unit in specific files for easy reference,
- Monitor and supply offices supplies and cleaning materials for Sanaa Office on a quarterly basis,
- Perform any other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Project Management or an equivalent with at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- High School diploma in the above fields or an equivalent with at least four years of relevant professional experience
- Professional experience with specific focus on local/international procurement, clearing & forwarding, VAT, GoY laws and regulations,
- fleet management experience and insurance management
- Experience in inventory/stock/supplies management.
- Experience working with an international organization or NGO in the procurement section
Languages English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
- nterested candidates are invited to submit their applications via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Deadline is 23.09.2017