Ended Nutrition Officer
Field based. Responsible for coordinating all Nutrition activities for the cholera response within the field/governorate, directly managing dedicated district-level DTC project officers to do so. Dedicated to the cholera response, but required to provide support to the ongoing nutrition programme when needed. Focal person for all Nutrition activities under the cholera response in the governorate.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Coordinate integration of Nutrition and IYCF activities in the cholera response at governorate level to ensure that project targets are met
- Ensure treatment protocols for cholera cases with SAM are followed and understood at the DTC
- Ensure referral mechanisms are in place (between SC/OTP/TSFP/IYCF Corners and DTC)
- Provide on job training and supportive supervision to staff at the DTCs/ORPs to ensure quality implementation of nutrition activities
- Work closely with the Health and WASH Programme Officers to ensure integration of Health/WASH/Nutrition activities / preventative and curative measures for better control and management of the crisis.
- Reporting of activities completed / beneficiaries reached to Health and Nutrition Programme Manager and Roving Nutrition Coordinator in a regular basis working closely with MEAL, including all nutrition data from the different DTCs / areas of intervention within the Governorate
- Ensure programme sites are adequately supplied with nutritional supplies and equipment
- Coordinate with Logistics and other Departments on the purchase of Nutrition supplies for the interventions within the Governorate
- Ensure integration of key nutrition and IYCF messages for the cholera response at community level through training and supervision of community volunteers
- Establish and lead the mother MUAC approach (training of mothers to screen for MUAC) in close collaboration with other Nutrition Officers and the Health and Nutrition Programme Manager
- Coordinate with other stakeholders at Governorate level (cluster meetings, Ministry of Health, other humanitarian agencies, etc.)
- Identify training needs and support these if required
- Documentation of lessons learned for the governorate
- Conduct regular visits to the DTCs/ORPs a in the areas of intervention
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Education to bachelor level in Public Health Nutrition, or a related subject, or equivalent field experience
- Proven experience in the management of severe acute malnutrition with complications
- Experience with the implementation of IYCF
- Proven M&E experience
- Demonstrable experience in supervising, coaching and training others
- At least 3 years of professional experience on nutrition in humanitarian/conflict settings with international stakeholders
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Experience working in cholera response
- Experience with IYCF in emergencies/trained on IYCF-E
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receiving applications is 18/09/2017.