Consortium Assessment, Monitoring, and Evaluation Officer
ACTED Organization Summary:
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a non-governmental organization created in 1993. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED respects a strict political and religious impartiality and operates according to non-discrimination and transparency principles.
ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations worldwide and to accompany them in the construction of a better future. In order to guarantee the sustainability of interventions carried out during crises, only a long-term support - through a continued presence in the field after the emergency and the involvement of communities - enables us to break the poverty cycle and accompany the populations on their way to development.
In partnership with ADRA, Yemen Family Care Association, and Handicap International, ACTED will implement the DFID-funded project entitled Comprehensive and Integrated Response to Address Malnutrition in Yemen in Saada, Al-Jawf, and Al-Dhalee governates.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Consortium Assessment, Monitoring, and Evaluation Officer
Department: AME Unit
Contract Type: Fixed Term, possibility of renewal
Contract Duration: 6 months
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the AME framework and workplan for DFID project in coordination with consortium AME focal points;
- Coordinate with relevant AME staff in partner organization to ensure AME activities are implemented as outlined in the project AME framework and workplan;
- Develop data collection tools and analysis instruments (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews) for project to be used by partner organizations;
- Support partner AME focal points in data collection activities to ensure that data collection teams are organized and resourced as needed, and that they deliver as per field mission plans and according to data quality standards;
- Analyze AME data and produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation as necessary in a timely manner;
- Oversee the implementation of beneficiary feedback mechanisms in line with partner organization procedures.
- Contribute to proactive dissemination and use of knowledge gained through AME activities among partner organizations’ Project Managers, Technical Coordinators and Project Development Manager/Officers;
- Contribute to organizing and facilitating learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt as appropriate
- Document and share the lessons learnt and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of project and influence the strategic development of future projects and activities;
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Fluency in both Arabic and English (written and spoken) required. This is non-negotiable.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian programs in Yemen.
- Experience drafting tools for qualitative and quantitative data collection (e.g. focus group discussions, household surveys, market surveys)
- Experience coordinating data collection in the field.
- Experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience in team and project management. Strong communication skills necessary (written and spoken).
- Ability to travel to field locations as necessary.
- Competence in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience using other statistical software or Open Data Kit or Kobo Toolbox preferred.
- Ability to operate in challenging environments requiring flexibility.
Interested candidates can send their CVs mentioning the position they are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 26/09/2017.