Ended Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of the position is to provide day to day monitoring and evaluation support to the Country programme
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, operational handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated Core Competence project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing and management of project documents.
- Ensure that projects target the most in need population and explore and assess new and better ways of providing such assistance.
- Promote and share ideas for programming improvement.
- Work closely with Shelter/NFI, Education, Food Security/Livelihood, WASH and Protection teams to support in collecting, collating, presenting and otherwise managing information for M&E related reports.
- Conduct and support frequent surveys for monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Engage in the preparation of project evaluation and/or reviews and draft appropriate reports
- Responsible for establishment and day to day management of a database and monitoring system.
- Give technical guidance and necessary training to program staff in project documentation including project inputs, outputs and outcomes (e.g. assessments, compiling beneficiary lists, recording construction progress, education activities, change in behaviour and situation, etc.).
- Responsible for data analysis and compilation of quarterly, annual and ad hoc program data and reports.
- Maintain and update the country programme M&E database, ensuring correct and swift data entry and processing.
- Support in the development of M&E tools as required.
- Support collection and maintenance of geographic baseline and thematic data.
- Research and retrieve data from internal and external sources; prepare the statistical charts, tables and reports as required.
- Responsible for productions of maps & other geographic information/products in coordination with other stakeholders i.e. iMMAPs, OCHA, etc.
- Liaise with United Nations agencies and other humanitarian partners to ensure that the information needed to support humanitarian operations is generated and made easily available.
- University degree preferably in statistics related majors.
- Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation field in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Computing / IT
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Academy college / University
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Handling insecure environment.
- 4 Months contract with possibility of extension subject to funding.
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Travel: More than 100 days travel
To view the job description and apply click here: