Job Title: Programmes Co-ordinator X 2 (experience in one or more of the following sectors; WASH, Food security & livelihoods, Protection or Health/Nutrition)
Responsible to: Programmes Manager
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 25 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2017 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team
The candidate for this position will be responsible to lead and guide in the assessment, initiation, administration and implementation of HAI Aden Humanitarian projects. We are looking for two candidates, with either a FSL, WASH, Health or Protection background.
- Project delivery of our Aden programmes, under the guidance of the Programmes Manager ensuring programme effectiveness through the project lifecycle.
- Delivery of the programmes operational plan and ensuring alignment with Human Appeal’s strategic plan.
- Attend cluster coordination meetings and maintain regular contact with local government entities
- Engage with UN, NGOs, CBOs and government line ministries on developing and ensuring adherence to minimum humanitarian standards in the implementation of projects;
- Maintain, monitor and measure project implementation data entry. Keeping the Programmes Manager informed at all times.
- Track project impact, standards, and operational compliance;
- Data-entry of program information, as assigned. Develop charts, statistical reports and data-bases as required by Program Manager;
- Conduct appropriate needs assessments under the guidance and supervision of the Programmes manager and with teams of volunteers.
- Track project development throughout the target area and develop and maintain project and activity logs.
- Generate high quality donor reports and ensure their submission in a timely manner.
- Day-to-day and on the ground management of volunteers based in Aden governate.
- Development and execution of Core Competencies (Food Security & Livelihoods, Health, WASH).
- Ensure effective management of agency and donor property and compliance of donor financial regulations, as per established policies and procedures.
- Monitor compliance with donor regulations and QS policies, in the course of project implementation, and build capacity of staff and partners in this area.
Resource mobilisation & Grant management
- Identify funding opportunities and develop competitive, responsive proposals that meet internal standards, and are donor compliant.
- Establish connections with donors to explore current and potential funding opportunities.
- Ensure that all projects are implemented in adherence to Human Appeal’s Project Cycle Management (PCM) framework
- Financial oversight of the projects within the target area. Responsible for ensuring financial management controls are effectively practiced through all programme levels.
- Monitor budgeted vs actual expenditure (BvA) as provided by Finance whilst mitigating any budget variances
- Closely monitor project implementation and budget utilization and ensure that program and spending targets are met.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Up to date implementation of monitoring and evaluation plan for all the projects, in line with the donor guidelines. This system should ensure that activity, impact and output data is captured in an accurate and efficient manner, and that programs are continually tailored to optimize quality and impact levels.
- Mitigate and reduce financial risks to the operational delivery of HAI Aden’s objectives.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To be available for travel to overseas locations to assess projects as required by the organisation
- To liaise with other agencies, partners and organisations as appropriate to ensure the delivery of the most effective aid and development to beneficiaries
- To ensure overseas offices and programmes receive the best support possible from Human Appeal.
- Assist staff in other departments as required in order to facilitate the work of the charity
- Help arrange and participate in meetings, conferences and team activities
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures as per the company handbook, health and safety requirements Investor in People standard and Quality management system
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and the general public.
- Other duties as per the request of the CEO in the interest of the organisation’s objectives
- Minimum 2/3 years of working experience in planning, implementing and managing humanitarian or development aid projects
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken).
- Knowledge and experience in implementing integrated Food security, Health and/or WASH projects.
- Proven experience/knowledge in administrative standards and requirements of donors (ECHO, OFDA, DFID, OCHA, WFP, etc.)
- Diplomatic and negotiation skills in dealing with partners, different authorities, donors and institutions
- Sensitivity for other cultures
- Excellent ability to lead a team, work in a team and to mediate
- Knowledge of Zakah, Kaffarah etc (Islamic principles)
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Master’s Degree in the field of economics, business development/management, education, social sciences, management, international development, or related fields (Preferable)
Please send your CV, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org Ref: PC-Aden/YEM