Community Mobilization Officer
Under supervision of health and nutrition program officer, the community mobilize officer will be a crucial part of a team responsible and accountable for ensuring the implementation of SCI community based activities related to health and nutrition program, plan and monitor community health and nutrition activities with close supervision for community health volunteers, lead the team to respond to the need of the community after carful assessment for what is need by the community.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Collect and compile baseline information on social, economic, and health parameters of the project areas and come up with community based program profile.
- With coordination with supervisors develop clear work plan for community health and nutrition activities, and share it with community volunteers and official ministry of health office.
- Lead and facilitate the field teams in implementing the work plan in the ground.
- Keep close coordination and liaison with field team, community, and partners and assist them in developing high quality health education.
- Help the community health volunteers in organizing community meetings, workshops, and campaigns.
- Take lead in resolution and management of the relevant community conflicts over common issues related with the project.
- Regularly monitor field activities, maintain working relationship between team member and community.
- Design and plan for all type of Campaigns and help in conducting assessment and surveys as needed.
- Organize trainings and exposure to improve knowledge and skill of the project communities and volunteers to deliver high quality community based activities.
- To participate in developing Community volunteer guidelines in accordance with Ministry of health policy.
- Document and share lesson learnt, achievements and successes from the field.
- To collect the monthly reports from community health volunteers, revise it and give feed back to the field team.
- Develop monthly narrative achievement report compiled with statistic report to the direct supervisor.
- To conduct monthly meeting with community health volunteers to discuss all related issues and to put plan for the coming period.
- To take any other relevant task given by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Relevant university degree.
- Extensive work experience in Social work with focus on community development and mobilization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, Diplomacy, Capability to create strong relationship between among all teams’ members.
- Strong presentation and computer skills in MS word and excel.
- Self motivated.
- Strong training facilitation.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
- All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
- Interested candidates should send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for receiving applications is 19/09/2017
- Please put “Community Mobilization Officer Lahj” as the subject line of the email.