Pharmacy officer is responsible for overall management of medicine and medical supplies in the DTC and ORTs centers according to WHO standards. In SCI operating areas within Lahj and Aden governorate.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Prepares and hands-over medications and medical supplies and equipment for DTC (Diarrheal treatment centers) and ORT (oral rehydration therapy centers) in SCI operating areas.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries.
- Managing stock movement (pin card, stock card, reports). And insure that stores are maintained according to the drugs standards and protocol .in both DTCs and ORTs, and SCI stores.
- Collecting and Submitting of weekly and monthly consumption report to health officer and health program coordinator.
- Maintain appropriate inventory on pharmaceutical and medical supplies. In the DTC, ORTs centers
- Preparation of donation certificate, waybill for distribution of items to the targeted sites under supervision of health program officer and coordinator .
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort to achieve project results.
- Insure that , buffer stock of drugs, supplies are maintained and prepare the procurement request for needed items with coordinating with Health officer and coordinator.
- Updating and entering the data to drugs management systems including online systems
- Insure that no shortage of medicines and medical supplies in DTC and ORTs centers
- Accomplish any additional task related to this position and project.
- Working effectively as team member and solve staff problems whenever occur.
- Take up any job related assignment as requested by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- University degree in pharmaceutical sciences.
- 2years of relevant work experience in pharmacy, ideally including in humanitarian – health INGO
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from line managers.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- Strong English and Arabic language skills, both written and spoken.
- Excellent computer skills and especially good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft excel.
- To have manageable work plans and evaluate progress,
- Commitment to SCI mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety),
- Previous experience with other INGOs will be an asset
- Team Spirit
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
- All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
- Interested candidates should send CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
- The deadline for receiving applications is 19/09/2017
- Please put “Pharmacy Officer Lahj” as the subject line of the email.