Ended Nutrition Officer
Under supervision of Health & Nutrition program officer, the nutrition officer will be a crucial part of a team responsible and accountable for ensuring the implementation of SCI Nutrition activities related to health and nutrition program, plan and monitor and nutrition activities., lead the team to respond to the need of the community after carful assessment for what is need by the community.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Coordinate integration of Nutrition and IYCF activities in the cholera response at governorate level to ensure that project targets are met
- Ensure treatment protocols for SAM and MAM cases are followed and understood at the HFs
- Building capacity of MoPH staff and support them to implementing CMAM and IYCF activities smoothly at the targeted HF.
- Ensure treatment protocols for cholera cases with SAM are followed and understood at the DTC
- Participate in meetings, training and other assessment/events as required by the Health & Nutrition Programme Officer.
- Ensure referral mechanisms are in place (between SC/OTP/TSFP/IYCF Corners and DTC)
- Provide on job training and supportive supervision to staff at the OTP , TSFP , DTCs/ORPs to ensure quality implementation of nutrition activities
- Work closely with the Health and WASH Program Officers to ensure integration of Health/WASH/Nutrition activities / preventative and curative measures for better control and management of the crisis.
- Contribute to the development of reports for meetings, workshop, training and programs implementation,
- Reporting of activities completed / beneficiaries reached to Health and Nutrition Program officer in a regular basis working closely with MEAL, including all nutrition data from the different OTP , TSFP , IYCF and DTCs / areas of intervention within the Governorate
- Ensure program sites are adequately supplied with nutritional supplies and equipment
- Coordinate with Logistics and other Departments on the purchase of Nutrition supplies for the interventions within the Governorate
- Ensure integration of key nutrition and IYCF messages at community level through training and supervision of community volunteers
- Establish and lead the mother to mother supporting groups sessions and Volunteers & mother MUAC approach (training of mothers and volunteers to screen for MUAC) in close collaboration with other Nutrition Officers and the Health and Nutrition Program Manager.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders at Governorate level (cluster meetings, Ministry of Health, other humanitarian agencies, etc.).
- Identify training needs and support these if required.
- Documentation of lessons learned for the governorate.
- Conduct regular visits to the OTP/TSFP sites in the areas of intervention.
- Take up any job related assignment as requested by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in Health Nutrition, or related field.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities
- To have manageable work plans and evaluate progress,
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other organizations staff,
- Commitment to SCI mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety),
- Experience in Nutrition and in community based programmes,
- Previous experience with other INGOs will be an asset
- Training on CMAM and IYCF is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Spirit
- Good in English and Fluent in Arabic
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
- All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
- Interested candidates should send CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
- The deadline for receiving applications is 19/09/2017
- Please put “ Nutrition Officer Lahj” as the subject line of the email.