Head of Finance This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Head of Finance
Location: Sana’a with regular travel to other sites.
Period: 1-year, renewable subject to performance.
Duty Station: Life Makers Meeting Place Organization (LMMPO), Sana'a –Yemen.
Terms: Full Time Position (8 Eight hours per working day), with field visits to the work sites.
Classification: Financial Management.
Expected start Date: 1st of January 2022.
Job grade: - Second Grade
LMMPO; 14 years of diligent engagement in Yemeni humanitarian and Development undertaking, is now regarded as one of the leading organizations in humanitarian response and development as well as development of young people's abilities. Investing and benefiting from the abilities and talents of young people constitutes a passion for us, but also is the essence of our mission and focus of our work and it is on top of our goals for which we are working hard to achieve. Thus, we have implemented several successful activities and programs that have had a real favorable impact on young people and the society in general. That success, inevitably, will not be possible without the support of our teams, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
LMMPO is keen to have a competent candidate to fill the position of Head of Finance.
It manages the main and subsidiary tasks of the financial Management and its projects as well as fully supervising the team of the financial Management.
- Lead and supervise the preparation of the Finance Department Strategy in the Organization that serves the Senior Management goals.
- Improve and manage the plans, policies and procedures of the Finance Department, which organize the flow of work ideally.
- Supervise the work performed within the Finance Department according to the approved policies and procedures that benefits the flow of work in the Organization.
Tasks and Duties:
- The Head of Finance Department will be responsible for following up everything regarding to fixed assets (recording new and acquired assets, disposing , verification, physical count, depreciation and make a fixed assets register).
- Provide the physical count committee, the Internal Auditor and the External Auditor with a copy of the fixed assets report.
- Provide the CEO with the fixed assets physical count report for review and approval.
- Prepare the adjusting journal entries made at the end of the year after getting approval from the CEO.
- review and approve the Corrections to store records
- Review the audit trail reports on updated or amended stores records that produced for supervisory checks.
- Review and approve the salaries sheets that submit by department of Human Resource.
- Review and sign the bank wire transfers, the checks and the payment order.
- In coordination with the CEO, opens a bank account for every donation/donor, as detailed in the Open Bank Account in the Cash Handling and Treasury Management Section in the financial manual.
- Arrange with donors to drawdown the designated grant to the bank account.
- Review and approve the withdrawal request and submit it to the CEO for approval.
- In coordination with the Head of Grants and Communication, follow up donors to make sure that the donor transfers the amount requested on timely manner.
- Report to donors through the CEO in accordance to the agreement signed and respective term of reference.
- Approve the Allocation of Costs to particular programs, grants and contracts.
- Approve post the adjusting entries and close the month in the system before the end of the fifth day of the following month.
- Approve any entries to be recorded after closing the month, according to the limited exceptional circumstances that explained in the financial manual.
- Prepare the budget based on approved proposals submitted and other related assumptions and expectations for the coming year.
- Provide his comments on the budget to the FACC.
- Review and sign off the budget for completeness and accuracy and correct consolidation if necessary, and deliver it to the CEO for review and approval.
- In coordination with the Treasury Accountant should manage cash accordingly
- Review summary budgets
- Supervision of all finance units and functions.
- Prepare the tasks of the annual physical count committee, and submit it to CEO for approval
- Review and approve the monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepare the annual Financial Statements of the organization according to the international standards of accounting and reporting.
- Prepare the financial reports of the projects for the donors.
- Review and approve all the payroll tax and S.S returns before delivering them to the authorities.
- Responsible to adhere financially to the donor terms mentioned in the agreement and donor TORs
Qualifications and Skills
Study and Training:
- University degree in accounting, or equivalent.
- Training courses in the same field, one to two training courses per year.
- 4 to 5 years of experience in financial management in local or international organizations.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (Speaking and Writing).
- Team management and knowledge transfer
- decision making
- Tendency to work with numbers.
- Financial analysis ability
- Ability to provide recommendations to solve problems
- Management skills.
- Communications skills.
- Ability to achieve planned goals.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to use computer, including Micro-Soft and office programs and accounting software.
- Strong knowledge of applicable accounting standards.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل