Junior Field SBCC Assistant (2) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Junior Field SBCC Assistant (2)
Administrative supervisor: Field SBCC Officer
Technical Supervisor: N/A
Reference: 22 - 39
Duration: Till December 31, 2022, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
ADRA Yemen organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risks and children in the targeted communities, as well as the welfare of all ADRA Yemen representatives. ADRA Yemen expects the post holder to adhere to and share this commitment.
All necessary measures for safer recruitment would be required including thorough background checks.
Social Behavior Change Junior Assistants will be expected to begin with a background literature search to identify and analyze existing relevant research, then Collect data, train local enumerators (community volunteers) to use the tools with appropriate probing, qualitative methods, lead a core project team to analyze the data and lead regular workshops to review findings and identify priority themes suggested by data for an SBCC strategy.
The “Junior Field SBCC Assistant” will be responsible but not limited to:
- • Ensure day to day implementation of SBCC activities
- • Ensure that CHNVs used the correct SBCC messages and materials
- • Collect data on the implementation of SBCC activities
- • Report to SBC Officer
- • Collect work-related feedback from CHNVs and other community actors and report it to SBCC Officer.
- • Identify and propose to SBCC Officer ways how ADRA’s SBCC activities can be made more effective
- • During everyday work, keep re-assessing the key barriers and enablers to the promoted behaviors and propose to SBCC Officer ways to addressing them
- • Monitor the performance of CHNVs' work
- • Other SBCC activities as assigned by the SBC Officer or SBC Coordinator
- • Treat all beneficiaries and their relatives with respect and dignity
- • Other SBCC activities as assigned by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- • Bachelor Degree in anthropology, communication or other social sciences relating to SBCC is an advantage or related field.
- • One year experience in Social Behavior Change with promoting behaviors at the community level
- • Essential understanding of what effective social and behavior change (SBCC) is about
- • Essential understanding of nutrition / health / WASH related behaviors
- • Experience of working with Community Health / Nutrition Volunteers or Hygiene Promoters
- • (desired) experience with using SBCC approaches, such as mother-to-mother groups
- • Experience with facilitating participatory learning events is an advantage
- • Good knowledge of MS Office (MS Excel, Word)
- • Strong communication, facilitation and training skills
- • Fluent in Arabic language; English language is desired but not required
- • Willingness to be based in and travel extensively in the target districts and governorates
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل