Protection Officer- Information Management This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Protection Officer- Information Management
Duty Station [Sana’a or Aden]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmers include protection, livelihood, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. DRC Yemen has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. DRC has mainly focused on refugees and migrants displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organizations as well as with the integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job
This position will be based in Sana’a or Aden and is responsible for the management, analysis and sharing of data related to Protection program activities and DRC’s population of concern. This position plays a crucial role in contributing to and supporting protection programming through the collection, analysis and sharing of information per professional standards for protection work. The position is responsible for designing tools and thematic documents related to DRC’s protection programming for both internal and external audiences and will support the Country Protection Manager and other members of the protection team in the identification of key protection trends and in the analysis of quantitative data to support the development of evidence-based decision making and strategies. Finally, the position is responsible for the design, implementation and management of program-related data and information management systems and support for PIM tasks and other protection programming tasks that support the development of an evidence-based humanitarian response.
Duties and Responsibilities
Information management strategy and standards
- Contribute to the development of DRC’s information management strategy by reviewing information needs and gaps, evaluating current information management processes and tools and drafting an information collection and management plan in support of DRC’s operations.
- Ensure the compliance of information systems and process with the applicable standards and guidelines related to information management and data protection, including the Protection Information Management (PIM), GDPR standards and principles and DRC’s internal guidelines.
- Support in the training of protection monitors and protection teams in related topics and activities and conduct feedback sessions with protection teams and identify challenges, gaps and in collaboration with the Protection Manager, develop solutions.
- Makes sure all data is stored and archived according to best practices whether collected via electronic or hard copy formats.
Data management and analysis
- Ensure effective data management by developing data collection tools and methodologies, designing, and managing database systems for data management and analysis purposes.
- Ensure availability of updated and quality information for informed decision-making by DRC’s program team by identifying pertinent variables, including analyzing and interpreting multiples datasets, identifying trends and patterns in protection issues and humanitarian needs affecting DRC’s populations of concerns.
- Gathers requirements and reporting needs from Protection manager, Protection team leaders and other IM staff and assists in creating systems to meet those needs.
- Produces knowledge products, statistical and graphical reports including program information flyers, maps, dashboards, trends, and graphs from protection data on an ad hoc and/or scheduled basis.
- Drafts information products such as reports, charts, and infographics by turning data into graphic products to facilitate the dissemination of information to external stakeholders for the purpose of reporting, information sharing and advocacy. To this end, designs the layouts of reporting and presentation templates using graphic design programs ensuring the attractiveness and clarity of the information products.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a dissemination plan for all information products, including the definition of standard operating procedures for clearing information products for release."
- Conducts regular data validation collected by Protection teams and makes sure data is cross- checked, clean, and free of errors.
- Works closely with QA Manager/Team Leader to reflect protection indicators in the IM system(s)
- Ensure Protection achievements are reported in an accurate and timely manner to QA monthly and creates monitoring online, interactive dashboards to help Protection team check their achievement progress in real time.
- Any other duties as agreed with the Manager.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- 2-3 years of experience in information/data management systems in a humanitarian context.
- Extensive knowledge in data protection, PIM initiative and GDPR
- Experience in implementing IM programs, such as database management for NGO or private sector companies and provide training to end users.
- Experience in data collection tools and creation of online forms on ODK and Kobo.
- Extensive experience in generating statistical dashboards, graphs and info graphics, visualizing data Power BI.
- Edits and enhances Information Management products using Adobe tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign by following User Interface User Experience using online mapping tools and systems.
- Extensive experience in Excel, and its functionalities such as pivoting, lookups, and excel functions.
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, patience, creativity, and flexibility
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, is comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- INGO experience preferred.
- High computer literacy
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and
- professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment.
- Bachelor’s degree in information management, business management, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related fields.
- Graphic design courses/certificates
- Arabic – Advance fluency level
- English – Advance Fluency level
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract till June 30, 2024, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Workplace Aden or Sana’a with field visits.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National. This position will be placed at level (NMH).
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل