Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Duty Station: Aden
Deadline: 23 September 2021
International Medical Corps has maintained a presence in Yemen since 2012, providing lifesaving support to people in need. In 2015, International Medical Corps transitioned its development-focused nutrition and health interventions to a rapid emergency response in order to provide lifesaving health and nutrition support to the people due to the ongoing humanitarian emergency. International Medical Corps so far has expanded its integrated health, nutrition, food security, and WASH activities to the most severely affected governorates in the country.
The position will be based in Aden field office under the direction of the Finance Manager. He will be supporting the Finance Manager in providing day-to-day financial support, including the processing of transactions, adhere to donor regulations and IMC policies and procedures, reporting, and assisting in financial analysis. Also in ensuring that appropriate accounting, control and reporting processes are adhered to.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the cash and bank management in Aden field office, reconciliation of bank and cash accounts, oversee petty cash and ensure that the funds are available at all times for the implementation of the activities.
- Manage the daily payments in Aden field office and ensure smoothly and timely issuing for payments.
- Work closely with FSC and Finance Manager to ensure accounting operations and financial management functions in Aden field office are performed in accordance with internal and donor regulations and procedures.
- Prepare check request vouchers and payment vouchers ensuring that all supporting documents are completed before payment.
- Review payment request documentations for completeness and signs “checked by” on the payment voucher indicating that the check and voucher has been accurately prepared, the documentation is complete and accurate, there are sufficient funds in the bank and correctly coded.
- Check proper allocations of expenses to the projects as per the donor rules and regulations.
- Ensure required pre-approvals are secured in advance of incurring an expense.
- Maintain and monitor the staff advances and ensure they are acquitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain accounting records and ensure that all entries are properly documented and all transactions are backed up with complete required documentation that is properly dated and signed.
- Responsible for recording the financial transactions in International Medical Corps financial system (CP7) and ensure they are accurate and on timely manner.
- Review procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments.
- Forecast monthly cash-flow needs for the site and ensure liquidity at all times to serve the base and for program implementation.
- Prepare monthly fund request for the field and submit the request to Finance Manager for review before submitting to country office.
- Assist program staff with day-to-day accounting operations and financial support in accordance with donor and International Medical Corps internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure all finance documents/payments are properly and timely scanned and uploaded in SharePoint as required.
- Ensure all finance documents/payments (soft and hard copies) are archived in an orderly manner, kept securely, and easily retrievable.
- Prepare, monitor and analyze monthly financial reports of the site including recording all transactions in CP7 financial system, cash and bank reconciliation, average exchange rate calculation and ensure of timely submission for review to Finance Manager.
- Prepare and update monthly AR/AP and prepayment analysis and ensure necessary follow up action is taken to clear any outstanding items.
- Assist in internal, external audit and donor specific audit assignments and provide prompt response for their quires.
- Preparation of monthly pipeline updates and analysis.
- Assist in preparation of timely and accurate financial reports for internal and external purposes
- Assist and support in the preparation of budgets for project proposals.
- Assist in budget development, implementation and revision as may be required.
- Supervise and train the finance assistant/cashier.
- Work with program and logistics staff to ensure the coordination of programs are within budgeted targets.
- Attend coordination meetings upon need
- Fulfill other duties, as assigned by line manager.
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Reporting to Finance Manager
directly supervise Finance Assistant/Cashier/Finance Officer
- University degree in Finance/Accounting or other relevant accounting studies.
- At least three years of experience in financial management and/or accounting, preferably in an emergency/ humanitarian context.
- Proficiency in financial Accounting software, like CostPoint.
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
- Creative and able to work with limited resources
- Team player and strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills, especially MS Office.
- Excellent English language and Arabic language skills (written and spoken).
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.” International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV to:
and write the job title in the subject line of the email.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل