Communications Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
CARE International is currently seeking a Communications Officer. This position reports to the Policy, Communications and Information (PCI) Coordinator and is mainly responsible for developing and disseminating CARE's communications products and for helping to ensure that CARE’s communications are effective, targeted and credible.
Position: Communications Officer
S/he is responsible for coordinating and supporting the development of communication materials such as press releases, articles, videos and human interest stories; and will work with the programme team and other stakeholders to manage and implement events/campaigns. This position ensures that annual communication plans are developed, communication is monitored, and communication standards are adhered to and upheld. The position holder will develop high quality publications and other communications and oversee the production of key communications resources for donor and public engagement. S/he will contribute to the strengthening of external relationships, particularly with other stakeholders including donors, UN agencies, peer international NGOs, and national NGOs.
Communication strategy development
- Lead the development and implementation of an integrated communications strategy and annual operating plan aligned to internal and external organisational priorities
- Contribute to the development and delivery of communication strategies for events and key media moments.
- Establish systems and safeguards for the appropriate and effective flow of relevant information to and from CARE's staff when required.
- Improve the range of information products available
- Lead production of CARE’s communication materials including newsletters, brochures and promotional materials
- Support content generation and the development of targeted communication products focused on the situation in Yemen and targeted at various audiences including media.
- Coordinate social media content development: gather, edit, and develop content (stories, photos, video) to be posted on social media platforms, and respond to inquiries for public information materials
- Manage the website and social media channels of CARE Yemen through ensuring regular posting of information; ensure pages are up to date, accurate and compelling; find innovative methods to attract more visitors to online channels.
- Work with knowledge management specialist to facilitate knowledge building and sharing.
- Support CARE staff in enhancing communication capacities.
- Support the PCI Coordinator by engaging the media to gain exposure and credibility, managing media sensitivities and risks, and increasing public discussion and awareness.
- Plan and manage communications in response to both slow- and rapid-onset emergency disaster/relief situations, ensuring that CARE's partners and stakeholders are provided with response situation reports, media opportunities and fundraising content from the field.
- Communicate clearly and in a timely fashion with external audiences, face-to-face, through email and telephone; conferences where appropriate, and other forms;
- Provide support in organising donor-related activities, events, and field visits.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date donor/partners database and proactively seek out relevant opportunities.
- Establish and update a CARE database of Yemen-based media professionals – photographers, videographers – for networking and potential partnership.
CARE brand management
- Monitor and ensure adherence to the CARE brand for all external communications
- Help to ensure all staff are trained and supported in brand guidelines and implementation
- Support team members to ensure that all CARE external communication materials, e.g. publications, handouts, brochures, invitations, power point presentations, email invites etc. meet CARE and donors branding criteria.
- Undertake any other duties which may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, languages or business administration
- At least 3-5 years of experience in communications
- Work experience with INGOs
- Experience of managing social media and public web content in a professional setting
- Well-organised with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Facilitation, training, and coaching skills.
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices
- Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل