MEAL Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: MEAL Assistant
Reports to : Project Coordinator
Contract Duration: 8 months
Deadline: December 15 , 2022
About TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-governmental and non-profit making. TYF seeks to support socio-economic interventions to create and secure adequate livelihood opportunities for members of society, and enable them to thrive, grow and participate in making immediate and long-term change, allowing everyone to live in peace and competence. TYF launched its Strategic Plan, covering broader development areas, targeting a larger segment of society and building on the alignment of humanitarian response, development and peace. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in, Food Security, Health, Nutrition, Shelter, CCCM , WASH, Protection, Education and Empowerment,
Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Officer (or as assigned by the MEAL Unit Coordinator/Manager), The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Assistant is responsible for the provision of effective support on the day-to-day implementation of the project/program's MEAL work plan, activities and deliverables, and contribute to achieving and improving the quality of the program/project. S/he will be supporting the development of program M&E systems, ensuring quality and accountability standards are integrated into the regular MEAL activities, supporting learning plans/activities, supporting evaluation and assessment processes, tracking program progress on results and indicators, contributing to TYF monitoring and reporting, and providing technical support in all field-related monitoring, data collection, analysis, assessments, and surveys.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E):
- Work with TYF’s Manager MEAL Unit staff, and the Projects staff in preparing project M&E activities to plan, indicators performance tracking tables (IPTT), and M&E tools/methodologies to enhance projects quality in line with the projects action plans and budgets.
- Participate in collaboration with the MEAL officer in the drafting of SoW for the need assessments, baseline, final evaluation of the project, as well as other surveys and assessments whenever requested.
- Actively participate in conducting need assessments, baseline assessments, annual project reviews, and final evaluations
- Track and monitor outputs and expected results of ongoing projects/programs and the extent of completion of various activities and present findings to the MEAL Officer.
- Ensure and examine the appropriateness and consistency of the implementation of project M&E plan and tools and to support the projects/programs manager(s) in the review/revision of it when necessary, and assess possible improvements based on lessons learned, best practices, technical advances…etc.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to the projects sites to assess progress, identify challenges, gather feedback from the beneficiaries and submit a detailed report about the activities to the MEAL officer along with the corrected actions
- Evaluate the access to TYF activities for vulnerable legitimate beneficiaries and ensure the identification of potential barriers that might hinder access to services.
- Assess the satisfaction of beneficiaries with regard to the activities.
- Assess potential negative impacts of TYF intervention on the community or potentially vulnerability-creating situations.
- Prepare MEAL Initial documents (IPTT, MEAL work plan, Details Implementation Plan, design and preparation of need assessment tools, baseline, and end line).
- Develop and implement the planned MEAL system for the program/project according to quality standards established by TYF through quality monitoring checklists and ensuring community participation.
Accountability and Learning.
- Participate in the implementation of proper and comprehensive Complaints-Feedback and referral Mechanism (CFM) for projects where each complainant is properly listened and responded to according to TYF CFM guidelines, as well as the collection, management, analysis and integration of lessons learned.
- Participate under the supervision of MEAL officers and senior staff in designing and implementing of studies, assessments and learning in coordination and cooperation with sectors’ technical coordinators and program staff.
- Ensure boxes and visibility items at the field level are in place and maintained, and that information submitted by phone/hotline or email is entered promptly into the database.
- Participate in supervising the daily operations to monitor any complaints/feedback, visions, and impressions of the beneficiaries in order to achieve the maximum efficiency and effectiveness in providing humanitarian assistance in terms of cost and ability to submit feedback to improve services, report problems and follow-up on their solution immediately.
- Assist in the preparation and collection of communication products e.g. photos, short videos, documentaries, success stories, snapshots, case studies, human interest stories…etc. as detailed in the organization communications guidelines.
- Ensure cross-cutting themes such as sex, age, gender equality, inclusion, protection, PSEA…etc. are embedded within the design of data collection tools.
Information Management Process:
- Support the data entry team in entering the data collected by the field team in the database on electronic version according to the activities and tools on going, and ensuring proper analysis, accuracy and validity of the data.
- Participate with MEAL officer in coaching/training and building capacity of project/program teams to collect and manage their relevant data regularly providing them the necessary development to improve performance and accountability on quantitative and qualitative data collection methods.
- Assist the MEAL Officer in designing pre-testing of the data collection tools and designing information management systems resulting from MEAL activities, such as progress reports, databases and complaint mechanisms.
- Contribute, in collaboration with the Information Management Officer(s), to the weekly report on quantity of data entered as well as providing weekly and monthly reports on data and ensuring proper design, formulation, coding, and utility of beneficiaries’ database.
Reporting, Communication, Archiving, and Representation:
- Ensure the availability of timely and high-quality reports (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, final, assessments, PDMs, baseline and endline surveys reports…etc.), and other documentation as required
- Assist the MEAL Officer in writing of various reports (Weekly report, PDMs, DDMs, Monthly Accountability reports…etc.).
- Assist in the preparation of M&E reports according to defined methodology and schedule.
- Contribute to the development of donor reports (e.g., analysis and interpretation of project data).
- Contribute to the development of internal reports (e.g. PDM reports) and presentation of findings/learnings to relevant team members.
- Maintain integrity and organization of monitoring documents and collaborate in their capitalization and archiving.
- Maintain the archiving and documentation system of the MEAL unit updated (ensure that all the documents are properly kept and hardcopy filed in the office).
- Regularly document and collate lessons learned and share best practices in data collection, M&E with projects/programs staff and/or external stakeholders after the approval of MEAL Manager.
- Participate in the preparation of the required documents whenever requested for the internal and/or external monitoring (e.g. donor’s-assigned 3rd Party Monitoring Agency (TPM))
- Represent TYF at relevant sector/cluster and inter-agency meetings (whenever requested).
- · General Considerations and tasks:
- Comply with TYF’s guidance and procedures particularly Code of Conduct, PSEA, Child Protection, Safety and Security, and other relevant policies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of TYF MEAL systems and policies.
- Ensure the respect of the principle of confidentiality (especially toward beneficiaries) and not to disclose any information acquired by performing her/his duties.
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to a beneficiary or to others
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other departments of the organization
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, statistics, social sciences, engineering or related field.
- At least 2 years field experience of conducting Monitoring and Evaluation in Education projects.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Strong skills in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, advanced Excel, power-BI, Kobo toolbox.
- Strong skills in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- document and share assessment and monitoring results.
- Previous experience in planning, collecting, entering, analyzing and managing data.
- Good personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Willingness to travel to the field and work in challenging environments from time to time.
- Understanding of Tamdeen Youth Foundation TYF vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل