District Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Division : Programs.
- Location: Kuhlan Ash-Sharaf district, Hajjah governorate.
- Reports to: Governorate Nutrition Coordinator/ Nutrition Officer.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations in order to alleviate the sufferings of the most vulnerable groups. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The District Coordinator is responsible for the oversight, development and management of program as well as human resources, finance, logistics, administration, security, representation and advocacy in the designated field area. S/he will work under the supervision of the Governorate Nutrition Coordinator/ Nutrition Officer. In fulfilling his/her responsibilities, s/he will work with other senior managers to ensure that the programs are carried out in line. S/He is responsible to carry out field work in order to mobilize communities, monitor activities and provide support to project management and other team members for the effective and efficient implementation of the project’s activities. He/she will also be responsible for monitoring of project staff performance on the field level as well as reporting of activities.
Program Planning and Implementation
- Ensure all project activities are implemented based on the program objectives and Standards of CMAM protocols and guidelines.
- Work closely with the organization district field staff and (Governorate Coordinator, Warehouse storekeeper and guard) to ensure smooth implementation of TSFP & BSFP components, timely registration of project beneficiaries and issuance of proper project identification documents.
- Regular technical support to HWs and CHVs in implementation and reporting of CMAM activities in all the targeted health facilities and food distribution points.
- Ensure all project activities are conducted in a timely fashion to meet project objectives without any delay.
- Ensure that all monthly distribution reports submit on timely.
- Monitor the quality of the program by conducting regular supervisory visits, on job trainings, use of Quality Improvement Verification Checklists, and mentoring of project staff (HWs, CHVs, WH storekeepers and guards).
- Facilitate in implementing the nutrition status improvement activities at the district and subdistrict levels.
- Prepare distribution plans, request distribution dispatches and follow up proper storage until the distribution.
- Take the responsibility to ensure delivering nutrition commodities to our warehouses in time by regular following up the supplier of the donor then to the targeted HFs and FDPs.
- Coordinate with governmental health office (GHO), district health offices (DHOs), and local authorities to implement the project activities and obtain the necessary permits.
- Supervise the distribution of supplementary food to children under 5 years and Pregnant and Lactating Women (PLW) as per the CMAM guidelines at the HF and community levels.
- Regular reports to the supervisor.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Monitoring, Reporting and Information Management
- Support in monitoring implementation of TSFP and BSFP activities at various levels in the districts (health facility, community, and CHVs) in coordination with MEAL department.
- Maintain record of all the activities that take place in the district, as well as ensure a proper database is maintained on activities progress, lesson learned and best practices.
- Coordinate with MEAL staff and provide them with all required information and assistance to facilitate the monitoring process at the level of HFs and FDPs.
- Provide support in ensuring the issues of protection, accountability, and gender equality, disability, and social inclusion (GEDSI) are mainstreamed across the organization supported activities.
- Undertake other general responsibilities relevant for implementing the activities as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Community Health, Food Science and Technology, Development Studies, Sociology or any related studies.
- 2 Years of experience in a similar or related position.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Excellent Computer knowledge – Microsoft office programs and relevant nutrition database.
- Ability to multi-task, handle pressure well, flexibility, adaptability to transition.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Confidential
اخصائي بيئة وامن وسلامة مهنيةDeadline:02 Apr | Sana'a
Chief of Millers - كبير طحانينDeadline:06 Apr | Hodiedah
Milling Production Manager - مدير إنتاجDeadline:06 Apr | Hodiedah
Quality & Food Safety Manager - مدير جودة وسلامة غذاءDeadline:06 Apr | Hodiedah
Maintenance Manager- مدير صيانةDeadline:06 Apr | Hodiedah