Training Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Job Title: Training Officer
Department/Location: CCG/Aden, Yemen
Reports To: Operations Manager
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a non-exempt level position, eligible for overtime
Clearance Required: N/A
Overview: IBTCI seeks an experienced Training Officer to support the Yemen Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Project (YMELP), a USAID third-party monitoring (TPM) and verification contract based in Amman, Jordan. This contract aims to monitor USAID humanitarian assistance and verify and provide independent confirmation of humanitarian aid programs in Yemen.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in designing the training materials for subcontracting firms and field monitors.
- Plan in-person and online training sessions for the field monitors. The training is on field visit protocols, data collection approaches, best practices, and other related topics to the field monitoring visits.
- Conduct in-person and online training sessions for the field monitors
- Conduct spot visits to check the work of monitors.
- Follow up and maintain CVs and NDAs for monitors working with the subcontracting firms.
- Follow up on training conducted but the subcontracting firms to onboarding new monitors.
- Liaise with other YMELP staff about areas for improvement in the performance of the field monitors.
- For each field visit, to call the field staff of the implementing partner where field visits took place to ensure the monitors followed the agreed visit protocol.
- Prepare monthly reports on training activities conducted for monitors.
- Check that the monitors in the approved lists only conduct field monitoring visits.
- Perform other duties and tasks as directed by the OM, COP, and/or DCOP.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Five years of professional experience required, preferably in field work for humanitarian development and/or humanitarian assistance roles, including monitoring and evaluation (M&E) projects;
- Proven experience in fieldwork with a focus on monitoring and data collection for humanitarian projects;
- Proficient MS Word and MS Excel skills are essential.
- Advanced knowledge of the Yemeni cultural context, cultural norms, and the protracted Yemeni crisis.
- Ready to work in the Sothern governorates of Yemen and to be based in Aden or nearby commuting areas;
- Fluency in Arabic is required; and,
- Professional English language skills are required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in international development or related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with humanitarian emergency response programs is required.
- Experience in field work in humanitarian context.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic.
- Experience in conducting training, capacity building, awareness relates to humanitarian interventions.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment with regular visits to the centers of the southern governorates of Yemen
COVID Vaccine status: As a condition of employment, IBTCI requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates should be prepared to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire or request for an accommodation with HR that is consistent with our COVID-19 safety protocols and policies.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: To southern governorates.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Yemen.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients' missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from IBTCI
Monitoring Reports WriterDeadline:06 Apr | Yemen
Monitoring Reports ReviewerDeadline:06 Apr | Yemen