Logistics Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
TITLE: Logistics Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Yemen Program
LOCATION: Sana’a CO
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Month
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Logistics Coordinator has the responsibility to ensure the delivery of timely, effective and accountable logistics support to the Save the Children field teams in the area of operation within the country program.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Supply Chain Director
Staff reporting to this post: Fleet Assistant, Logistics Assistant
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Ensure centralised management of supply chain, vehicle fleet, stock and asset management.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are in place and respected in the field office.
- Ensure that reports are compiled systematically and consolidated in the field office and communicated on a timely basis to the Supply Chain Director
- Responsible for GIK management in the field office.
- Support field office logistics staff with technical assistance and assist in building their capacity.
- Contribute to project design and budgeting with regards to operational needs and feasibility.
- Directly manage Warehouse, vehicle fleets, equipment, transportation and distribution of food and non-food items.
- To assist the Programme Managers with logistics advice during the drawing up of new project proposals.
- Ensure transportation of freight by land and air is in line with programme budgets and needs; ensuring the most cost-effective and reliable means of transport is used for the timely delivery of supplies to projects.
- Ensure management of vehicle fleets is in line with Save the Children international standards; ensure appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles throughout the programme and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure that all SCI owned vehicles under Fleet Service Charge Model are charged on monthly basis and reconciliation is done on a quarterly basis with Finance.
- Fleet pro save system is updated regularly with all the required data collected from FO’s & CO.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of crisis or emergency.
- Commitment to serving members and their donors, and to helping build a culture of member service throughout the organization.
- To establish and maintain good contacts with government offices, UN agencies and other NGOs with regards to logistical matters.
- To act as the Focal Point for all related matters to the SCI Total Inventory Management system (TIM) for the Field Office.
- To assist as necessary the Field Logistics staff in establishing and managing TIM.
- Ensure full audit trail standard under donor regulations as well as Save the Children Internal Warehousing Procedures.
- Keep all relevant parties informed of the supply pipeline progress and ensure the Monthly Warehouse reports, include area/field offices, is submitted to the Supply Chain Director in a timely manner.
- To ensure that warehousing management and assets tracking are followed up while supporting the Pharmacist in the general management of drugs storage and supplies to the field locations.
- Ensure all assets under SCI Yemen Program are managed according to SCI’s Asset Management Policy, SCI Asset Management Guidelines, and relevant donor rules and regulations with a continuous collaboration with Country Logistics Manager.
- In total collaboration with Field Logistics Team, ensure proper tracking methods are followed to monitor the movement/changes of any assets and ensure proper control/handling of equipment at all times
- Supervise the conduct of regular physical checks of assets and inventory items and provide reports on outcomes.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- At least university degree (M.S.c or B.S.c) in social science, economics, Business Management, Supply Chain Management, geography or other discipline relevant to Logistics management.
- 5 years’ experience in managing logistics in an international organization or corporate enterprise (supply chain management including procurement, transport and distribution, stock management) and vehicle and fleet management.
- Experience in distribution of NFIs (non-food items) and food.
- Excellent IT skills and previous experience in maintaining detailed administrative records.
- Previous experience in training and capacity building of staff and ability to provide supervision and support at a distance.
- Previous experience of managing and coordinating logistics over a number of different geographic locations
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proactive and result-oriented with a strong ability to coordinate between different teams and individuals.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
“Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply”
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل