Site / CCCM Engineer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: Site / CCCM Engineer
- Reports to: CCCM Officer / Engineer
- Location: Ibb
- Period: 9 months with extension based on fund availability and performance ,
About TYF ,
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-governmental and non-profit making. TYF seeks to support socio-economic interventions to create and secure adequate livelihood opportunities for members of society, and enable them to thrive, grow and participate in making immediate and long-term change, allowing everyone to live in peace and competence. TYF launched its Strategic Plan, covering broader development areas, targeting a larger segment of society and building on the alignment of humanitarian response, development and peace. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in, Food Security, Health, Nutrition, Shelter, CCCM, WASH, Protection, Education and Empowerment,
The site engineer will Provide engineering support to the TYF projects that support IDPs sites, ensuring the success and timely completion of works related to Sites Maintenance, rehabilitation, retrofitting and construction.
Under the supervision of the Officer Engineer and CCCM Officer, the site engineering will be working within the framework of TYF construction policy, quality benchmark standards, programming principles and approaches. Site engineer will participate in emergency preparedness activities and be ready to respond in the event of an emergency, as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, plan and implement maintenance/rehabilitation of IDP hosting sites as well as other related maintenance work within the project.
- Field visits to the targeted camp sites to assess the need and review the operational plans
- Preparing and developing detailed BoQs, technical studies and illustrations for the maintenance/rehabilitation work required for IDP sites based on field needs in both Arabic and English.
- Work with the project officer and specialists to prepare the tender documents and provide technical support to the tender committees.
- Supervise the maintenance / rehabilitation process, ensure its completion within the specified time period and the contract period, and ensure specifications and according to the approved BoQs.
- Preparing weekly, monthly and periodic reports on the progress of the maintenance and rehabilitation process in the targeted sites, Arabic and English.
- Providing support and guidance to the executing contractors and assisting in resolving obstacles in the sites during implementation.
- Ensuring the presence at the project sites to follow up the progress of the works, identify the existing challenges, and provide appropriate solutions based on engineering standards.
- Preparing, examining and following up a data list of the available materials transferred to the project sites, verifying them and ensuring their quality
- Evaluating and approving contractors' activities and examining and verifying the work performed as agreed upon in the tenders.
- Define and document maintenance procedures in accordance with defined quality assurance requirements in coordination with the Officer Engineer and CCCM Officer.
- Ability to conduct and effectively report camp maintenance project needs assessments, program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of camp maintenance project activities.
- Undertake regular rapid and/or in-depth assessments across targeted districts including IDP sites, set locations, at reception centers or through focus group discussions.
- Support community engagement and committee formation.
- Organize regular meetings with community groups and committees, ensuring participation of women, youth, and marginalized groups, taking minutes of meetings and attendance sheets.
- Oversee service provision at site level using agreed tools, including through observation, conducting the assessment, and collecting input from community members. Record and report data in a timely and accurate manner.
- Conduct the activities of Communications with Communities in the sites, including regular outreach to the community and information campaigns, supported by daily workers as needed.
- Conducting awareness with the IDPs in the targeted Sites.
- Timely reporting of problems and challenges in the sites to CCCM Officer.
- Timely reporting of security and safety incidents or risks to CCCM Officer.
- Ensure confidentiality is respected in all activities.
- Support vulnerable persons including through referral to protection partners, and support vulnerable persons at specific events (e.g., distributions, registration).
- Consider gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Job Requirements :
- University degree in Civil Engineering.
- Three years of experience as a civil engineer with proven experience in implementing infrastructures ,
- Previous experience working with INGOs, NGOs in camp management related projects ,
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office programs and ability to deal with designed programs such as ( Auto CAD , structural analysis …..etc ) ,
- A commitment to ethical principles and codes of conduct in relation to working with vulnerable populations
- Good Knowledge of the Area.
- Proficiency in English (reading, speaking, writing).
- Planning, organizing and effective communication.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, the ability to handle work stress.
- Good understanding of Sphere and other international standards.
- Experience working within a team from different cultural background,
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل