Pharmacist Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
- JOB TITLE: Pharmacist Assistant
- Location: AL-Khawkha
- Duration: 9 months, with possibility of extension
- Basic monthly salary: 897$ to 1072$ based on experience salary calculation
- Medical and Life insurance: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents
Line Manager: Health & Nutrition Programme Manager - AKK
Technical/Support Manager: Pharmacist - Aden
Major responsibilities and tasks:
Objective 1 : Evaluate the quality and conditions of drugs and therapeutic supplies and ensure appropriate storage, stocking in line with national/international storage standards
- Verify the drugs and supplies received as per the technical specification (i-e generic name or formula, dosage form) in the base Pharmacy or warehouse.
- Physical inspection on the quality of the medicines received (in the base pharmacy or warehouse) as per waybill, PR or reception note.
- To ensure proper storage of medicines by standard warehousing protocols as per Kit Log guidelines with proper record keeping (delivery note, reception note, bin card, stock card, stock register, SRO, etc)
- Guide storekeeper to organise medicines and equipment in pharmacy as per the routes of administration or alphabetical order or as per supervisor advice.
- Timely reminds program team on near expiry (6 months as per WHO standards for the country) and manage the near expiry medicines and supplies.
- Follow up logistic team to update and maintain bases pharmacy and warehouse room temperature and humidity to acceptable level.
- With the help of logistic, he/she needs to maintain medical storage free from accumulated waste and vermin.
- Keep space clean with tidy stacking of boxes on/in racks or pallets.
- Place a written sanitation program on frequency of cleaning and methods to be used to clean the premises and storage areas.
- Ensure the storage site is safe and adequate measures are taken to minimize the risk of fire, theft and from fire, theft
- Ensure correct storage ,stock rotation and guarantee appropriate and accurate stock control and recording all time
Objective 2 : Acquisition of medicines and disbursement of supplies and medications to the health facilities and stabilization centre warehouses :
- Plan and organize days/weeks for acquisition and supply of medicines,
- Pack supply requests from the supported facilities and mobile clinics in a timely way.
- Therapeutic supplies to the health facilities according to project.
- Receive and consolidate all supply requests from health facilities and organize with logistic/program teams for timely supply of drugs and medicines to health facilities
- Maintain the FIFO (first in first out) or FEFO (First expire first out) policy for all items in the base warehouse during supply to the field.
- Maintain regularly register book by category of medicines, by donor and programs.
- Liaise with field team if case of any expiry products remained in the health facilities and take necessary actions for appropriate disposal.
- To conduct frequent visits to health facilities and the mobile teams to ensure appropriate utilization of drugs and medical supplies.
Objective 3: Reporting and record keeping :
- To update and maintain bin cards as per supply
- Keep and maintain daily pharmacy register.
- Prepare and keep daily, weekly and monthly consumption documents in pharmacies, mobile teams and SCs.
- Analysis the regular consumption reports based on the case load and provide feedback to line manager.
- Provide regular updates of medical stock, drugs consumption and monthly request by the line manager.
- Ensure that the disbursement of supplies is on time, appropriately and record is maintained accordingly.
- Provide feedback to the line manager in issues related to the drug management, expiry date, stock and monthly supply of the health facilities and mobile team.
- Collecting data analysis, the daily, weekly consumption to avoid any shortage in the monthly order or to assure that the consumption is rationalized and do feedback for the line manager.
- Collection the consumption every month from all the targeted health facility
- Participated in rationalization and analysing the consumption on Weekly and Monthly Basis
- Sharing information with other department and proper liaison with the logistic department for better flow of supplies in and out of the warehouse.
- Arrange a delivery update register with inventory of all drugs and medical supplies received according to ACF stock management policies.
Objective 4: follows established national /international standard policies, procedures and objectives to ensure maintenance of quality of store management and improvement of surrounding environment.
- Set correct room temperature and level of moisture by keeping daily track record.
- Maintain the stock register and the minimum stock level of the medicines as per need.
- Ensure that updated stock and consumption records can be provided upon request for any reporting.
- Ensure quality control of medicine and medical equipment in the base warehouse and/or drugs held with mobile team.
- Fulfil any other tasks related to his/her work as assigned by the (line manager)
- Maintain overall activities in the main pharmacy/ warehouse
- Oversee the destruction process of expired unused medicines in line with national drugs disposal policy.
Objective 5: Build the capacity of the project officers and health care providers to ensure appropriate utilization of essential drugs and medical supplies based on the standards
- Build the capacity of health care providers through the job training and mentoring
- Conduct field visit at the health facilities and oversee the appropriate storage and utilization
- Ensure the health facilities have adequate drugs and medical supplies
- Ensure expired drugs and supplies are properly disposed based on the national standards
- Degree BCs or Diploma in Pharmacy
- Knowledge of policies and regulations pertaining to the management of medical drugs, nutritional supplies and equipment.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with INGOs in pharmacy.
- Experience in the humanitarian field and health/nutrition
- Good knowledge of medical products and supplies.
- Good knowledge/skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Good team spirit and ability to work under pressure
- Good analytical capacity
- Attention to details and good numeric accuracy.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- A good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Experience in logistic, and supply chain is desirable.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل