Ended project officer
Title: project officer (FSL)
No# Positions: ONE (based in field, Amran)
Reporting: Project coordinator in Amran
Background and purpose
DRC has been funded 12 months intervention by OCHA 2nd allocation 2017 for Integrated Response for the Most Vulnerable IDPs, Returnees and Host Communities in Amran. This project will support the most vulnerable displaced and host community families through a mix of complementary and coordinated protection, WASH, FSL and shelter activities which ensures that all beneficiaries have an equal opportunity to access basic services in an equitable and dignified manner and which prioritizes IDPs living in settlement sites and collective centers.
Although the ongoing conflict, mass displacement and limited access to basic services has added layers of complexity to the situation in Yemen, this project seeks to provide a basic minimum package of services to IDPs and vulnerable host community members in and around Raydah City, Raydah district, Amran. For implement the project, DRC is seeking ‘expressions of interest’ from suitable candidates to fill a position of project officer (FSL).
- Advise and assist the project to sensitize key stakeholders - Government and I/NNGOs - working in target districts, sub-districts and, communities about the project concept, benefits, targeting criteria, implementation strategies and modalities, monitoring and other such aspects;
- Overall technical responsibility for the CFW project – designing on-farm structures, planning inputs, technical assistance and coordination of day-to-day activities and distribution to produce project outputs;
- Ensure workable strategies and work plans are developed in close consultations with communities; works are well organized at community level; impact on household food security is well monitored and reported, high quality control in the outputs achieved.
- Assist DRC Project Team in regular monitoring and progress reporting on project activities;
- Maintain good relations with local authorities, and seek their support when needed;
- proper reporting and documentation and book keeping to account for the donor resources
- Attend to other tasks as and when assigned by the supervisor;
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil/agriculture engineering discipline;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of direct field experience in Cash for work or agricultural interventions ;
- Demonstrated experience of working in volatile security contexts and ability to deliver results;
- Excellent communication/ reporting skills in English & Arabic;
- Ability to work with teams, comprising local and expatriate staffs and, with minimum supervision;
- Computer skills, especially MS Office, emails and internet;
- Willingness to travel and work in remote rural communities with limited access to basic facilities;
The proposed employment conditions are based on DRC policy and Yemeni labor law. The selected candidate shall perform his/her duties in compliance with the DRC Code of Conduct and procedures at all times
CVs are invited at below link by the 12th December 2017. Please mention your name in the uploading CV. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency of the position, a candidate may be identified through rolling interview and may be offered the position before the closing date.