Ended Food Security Officer
To contribute the reduction of the food insecurity of war-affected households in Lahj by improving their food consumption and provide a balanced and nutritious food intakes.
Main duties and responsibilities:-
- Design of the monthly distribution plans and the implementation of the voucher programme in Tuban district.
- Ensure that food security project activities are technically sound and are aligned with FSAC standards.
- Support and participate in assessments to identify specific operation village and carry out food security need assessment
- Responsible for identification , verification and registration of beneficiaries for food security intervention in collaboration with local administration / local authorities and community representatives
- Active liaison with relevant stakeholders to avoid any overlapping.
- Implementing the project as per the timeframe set by the project management team at the HQ.
- Actively engage in formation of local committees and community mobilization.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly plans for food security activities and maintain adequate documentation of the project activities.
- Build robust work relations with the local authorities and other implementing NGOs as well as INGOs.
- Conduct schedule for regular visits to the beneficiaries of the project to measure the impact of the intervention.
- Planning for market assessment and identify potential venders for voucher fair program
- Actively represent FMF in FSAC and food security meeting as request by programs manager
- Comply with the donor requirement as well as FMF policies and procedures
- Any other assignments as directed by the line manager.
- Bachelors' degree in administration or a related field.
- At least 2 years of working experience in Food Security and Livelihoods, preferable in voucher projects.
- Previous experience in working in Lahj Gov. is an asset.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Ability to prioritize, organize according to need and changes in the project
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to work during weekends and official holidays if required
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to Field Medical Foundation ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with the title of the position you are applying for in the title of email.