Ended Field Assistant (2)
ACTED, an international, non-profit development and humanitarian organization working in 34 countries worldwide. Our interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach. ACTED Yemen is currently recruiting two qualified Field Assistants based in Hodeidah for Hodeidah/Raymah project operations.
Under direction of the Program Manager, the Field Assistants will be directly in charge of the planning, implementation and reporting of multiple components across 2 governorates
Position: Field Assistant
No. of posts: 2
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months
Scope of Responsibilities
- Participate in conducting field activities such as community meetings, selection of beneficiary committees, selection of beneficiaries, activity or work site follow up and distributions; as assigned by the project manager.
- Assist in the training of beneficiaries if applicable, in coordination with project manager.
- Assist in office duties as needed such as the creation of activity-specific supportive documents (ID cards, attendance sheets, charts, etc.), beneficiary information cross checks with database and work planning
- Follow field supervisor recommendations for program quality, communication with beneficiaries, workplace rules and security when on field visits
- Promote and encourage the participation of female beneficiaries in assigned activities
- Cooperate with AMEU department throughout project phases to ensure streamlined work and improvement of project activities
- Ensure proper guidelines are followed and use the most up-to-date template for documents to be filled out in the field concerning beneficiary selection and replacement as well as beneficiary lists and promptly received by the field supervisor
- Give attention to ideas and information from field visits which may assist in future project ideas. Such information to be included in regular project reports to immediate supervisor
- Send reports to direct supervisor twice monthly or as requested which include detailed and accurate data concerning all activities assigned as well as addresses progress, specific challenges and successes in the work
- Ensure quality photos are taken in the field and be provided to the Field Supervisor and Project Manager
- Capture ACTED’s impact by conducting success stories from beneficiaries as directed by project officer.
- Report and clarify any work-related issues and challenges to supervisor in timely manner
- Respect time including to work, meetings, deadlines and other reasonable requests from direct supervisor or Program Manager
- Maintain a good team spirit amongst staff and colleagues
- Commit to honest, quality work in the field
- Carry out any other tasks as reasonably assigned by management
- Consider safety and security in the field, and immediately report all incidents to the security focal point.
- A University Degree in social sciences or Agriculture, or similar degree
- Effective use of computers (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Previous experience as a field assistant dealing with communities
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members)
- Background in food security and livelihood projects
- Experience in community mobilization and agriculture
- Arabic: native speaker
- A good level of written and spoken English will be an advantage.
- Previous NGO experience preferred
- Commitment to the aims and principles of ACTED.
- Send CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Hodeidah – Field Assistants "
- The closing date for applications is 17th of December 2017
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Candidates from the Hodeidah/Raymah governorates are strongly encouraged to apply.