Ended Field Supervisor
ACTED, an international, non-profit development and humanitarian organization working in 34 countries worldwide. Our interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach. ACTED Yemen is currently recruiting a qualified Field Supervisor based in Hodeidah for Hodeidah/Raymah project operations.
Under direction of the Project Manager, the Field Supervisor will be directly in charge of the planning, implementation and reporting of multiple components across 2 governorates.
Position: Field Supervisor
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months
Scope of Responsibilities
- Coordinate field activities for field assistants with relevant managers.
- Ensure field staff follows procedures concerning program quality, workplace rules and security.
- Meet with local authorities and committees as needed to communicate and coordinate project activities.
- Translating work documents if needed from English to Arabic, and vice-versa.
- Assist in the preparation of work plans and budgets for different activities.
- Train beneficiaries in the field of agriculture seeds practices, including crops and vegetable cultivation, home gardening, good irrigation practices.
- Provide timely answers to beneficiaries’ questions and inquiries in the targeted fields.
- Liaise with project manager, agronomist and field team to produce training material (brochures, booklets, posters etc.) for the above-mentioned training.
- Cooperate with other program staff in all other components of the programme including WASH infrastructure rehabilitation, food security and livelihoods.
- Participate in programme planning.
- Actively and facilitate and encourage beneficiaries in the implementation of improved agricultural and nutritional practices.
- Promote and encourage the participation of female beneficiaries in decision making related to improving their household income and food security.
- Ensure proper guidelines are followed and use the most up-to-date template for documents to be filled out in the field concerning beneficiary selection and replacement as well as beneficiary lists and promptly received by the field supervisor.
- Give attention to ideas and information from field visits which may assist in future project ideas. Such information to be included in regular project reports to immediate supervisor.
- Send reports to direct supervisor twice monthly or as requested which include detailed and accurate data concerning all activities assigned as well as addresses progress, specific challenges and successes in the work.
- Ensure quality photos are taken in the field and be provided to the Project Manager
- Capture ACTED’s impact by conducting success stories from beneficiaries as directed by project officer
- Report and clarify any work-related issues and challenges to supervisor in timely manner
- Respect time including to work, meetings, deadlines and other reasonable requests from direct supervisor or Program Manager
- Maintain a good team spirit amongst staff and colleagues
- Commit to honest, quality work in the field
- Carry out any other tasks as reasonably assigned by management
- Consider safety and security in the field, and immediately report all incidents to the security focal point.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse cultures and communicate efficiently.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A University Degree in social sciences or Agriculture, or similar degree
- Effective use of computers (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Previous experience as a field assistant dealing with communities
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members)
- Background in food security and livelihood projects
- Experience in community mobilization and agriculture
- Arabic native language
- A good level of written and spoken English needed.
- Previous NGO experience preferred
- Commitment to the aims and principles of ACTED.
- Send CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Hodeidah – Field Supervisor"
- The closing date for applications is 17th of December 2017
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Candidates from the Hodeidah/Raymah governorates are strongly encouraged to apply.