Ended Finance Assistant
ACTED, an international, non-profit development and humanitarian organization working in 34 countries worldwide. Our interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach. ACTED Yemen is currently recruiting a qualified Finance Assistant based in Hodeidah for Hodeidah/Raymah project operations.
Under direction of the Finance officer and the Area Coordinator, the Finance Assistant will be directly in charge of the planning, implementation and reporting of multiple components across 2 governorates.
Position: Finance Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable contract
Scope of Responsibilities
Assignment and General Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Base Finance Officer and CFM.
- Is accountable for the true and fair accountancy of the Base.
- Respects and follow-up the ACTED’s financial procedures;
- Sends all the required financial documents to ACTED Capital Office.
- Assists in the Preparation of financial Report for the concerned project(s) according to the deadlines
- Assists the Base Finance Officer to have a clear vision of the financial situation of the base.
- Assumes the responsibility of checking the payment files.
- Attends FLAT and WAM meetings on weekly basis, if the Base Finance Officer can not attend.
- Performs other duties related to finance as requested by the AC and Base Finance Officer.
- Replaces the Base Finance Officer when he is away.
On a daily base
- Verify the availability of fund in the safe and in the bank and communicate the needs in advance to finance capital, while informing the AC;
- Supervising the correct daily allocation of expenses on “purchase orders” & “vouchers”
- Check every payment files and the justification files (for daily workers, procurements, salary, staff per diems) before agreeing on the payments;
- Check the correct data entry in SAGA: Daily vouchers to be correctly entered in SAGA;
- Follow-up of Contracts: Update contracts follow-up database in TITANIC as soon as a new contract is ready and when the payments or any other changes occur on the contracts;
- Support the Country Finance Manager whenever needed.
.On a weekly basis:
- Weekly cash request: Support the Finance Officer to prepare statement of expenditures and present it each Sunday;
- Plan and organize, with the inputs from the logistics and program teams and coordination, the payments needed for the week.
- Share his updates and participate into appropriate meetings (WAM for example) as required by the base coordination;
- Support the Base Finance Officer updating the CFU on a weekly basis;
- Prepare the weekly accountancy files to be sent to the AC every Thursday;
- Send reminders to the teams to plan their expenses on a weekly basis.
On a monthly basis:
- Cash Request (Monthly Budgeting): To prepare the monthly budgeting of the base office for the coming month and send it to Country Finance manager on the 14th and 29th of each month;
- Monthly official signature table.
- SAGA (Accountancy of the month): To send monthly closure of accountancy (Saga) to the CFM before the 5th of each month.
- Finance Vouchers of the month: Review and send all the finance vouchers to the capital office after receiving the SAGA backup.
- Crosscheck the DFU with the opening and reimbursement of the advances.
- TITANIC: Prepare Finance Titanic sheets of the Capital office and send them to the CFM before the 10th of each month;
- Cost Control
- Ensure that all the expenses of the area are allocated on the available projects;
- Ensure that the running cost of the area are not exceeding the standard norms;
- Ensure that non allocated resources are not used on any project, unless an approval is given by the CFM/ AC.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in the accountancy/finance sector.
- Bachelor’s Degree in audit, administration or accounting.
- Good computer skills (accounting software and MS Office).
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, including report writing skills.
- Rigorous with keen attention to details.
- Good knowledge of financial reporting and internal control mechanisms.
- Discreet and respectful of the confidentially of the information dealt with.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Arabic native language and good spoken and excellent written English preferred.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse cultures and communicate efficiently.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Send CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Hodeidah – Finance Assistant"
- The closing date for applications is 18th of December 2017
Candidates from the Hodeidah/Raymah governorates are strongly encouraged to apply.