Ended Senior Social Worker (3)
National Staff Position
Job site: Hajja (Abs & Ku’audina district)
Report to: Activity Coordinator and Protection Coordinator
Supervises: Social workers and Community Outreach volunteers (COVs).
Status: Full-time Staff
The senior social worker (1 supervising a team of 3 social workers) , based in Hajja, supervises the social workers’ work and acts as case management supervisor. Ensures the quality of case files (case management audits on weekly basis) and supervises referrals (internal and external) per up to date referral maps (revised on monthly basis), participates in individual case conferences with referral partners.
The senior social worker reports to the protection coordinator (technically) and activity coordinator (activity related). He/she also oversees the performance and achievements of the community base protection networks (CBPNs).
The Senior Social Worker has to facilitate appropriate flow of communication between Volunteers, SWs, Legal counsellors and AC to ensure consistency and effectiveness of the partnership.
Senior Social Worker should act according to the guiding principles of case management including using a survivor-centered approach, confidentiality, safety, do not harm and non-discrimination. They are responsible for ensuring that protection principles are understood, maintained and enforced.
INTERSOS is implementing a OCHA funded project entitled: ‘Integrated emergency protection response for the most vulnerable conflict-affected people in Hajja, Ibb, and North Taiz’. The project will address some of the critical needs of IDPs and conflict-affected community in Hajja, Ibb, and North Taiz.
INTERSOS will run 3 mobile protection teams in Hajja (Abs & Ku’audina district) under this project, supported by 6 COVs per team ensuring a maximum outreach in the communities. Each team will be linked to the catchment area of 2 health facilities. Direct referrals from health teams will help in the identification of the most vulnerable cases.
Community Level Assessments permit for identification of general protection trends and concerns and also allows the identification of the most vulnerable persons in need of individual case management (Psycho-Social First Aid - PSFA, Psycho-Social Counseling - PSC, referral and follow-up). Community mobilization and awareness will be at the core of this community-based protection approach, promoting community-based protection networks (CBPNs) through the mobilization of COVs, the engagement with local civil society actors and stakeholders and promoting integration and referral with other sectors.
INTERSOS will provide legal assistance and awareness with a focus on PoCs in lack of valid documentation (access to services and assistance to be facilitated). Community awareness sessions will focus on protection related topics. The sessions will be tailored per target, age and gender group.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor and supervise the process of identification of SGBV and PwSN cases by the social workers
- Supervise the activities related to individual case management (CM) for persons of concern (PoC) in the intervention location in accordance with all CM steps and related tools and procedures.
- Support and manage the protection mobile team in their daily activities; provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitoring of the progress of the protection project activities.
- Supervise the correct documentation and compilation of CM forms in accordance with all CM steps and related tools and procedures.
- Ensure that all urgent cases are addressed immediately and shared with the direct line manager for possible intervention.
- In collaboration with the line manager, work closely with the other organizations in order to ensure smooth referral and monitoring of required follow-up actions.
- Hold regular caseworker mentoring and couching sessions based on identified needs and gaps.
- Organize CM meetings with service providers when needed.
- Communicate regularly with teams for updates on achievements and challenges.
- To approve the cash assistance requests provided by social workers, verifying the amount needed on case to cases basis.
Coordination & Representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers in the target areas for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area and take proactive steps to remain informed about the available services.
- Proactively participate in protection and relevant INTERSOS coordination meeting at the national, regional and district level.
- Provide written feedback about protection incidents and issues
Monitoring & Reporting
- Ensure that all cases are filed and that information is reported in detail about the case, background, case plan, follow up and actions taken
- Ensure all data is systematically completion and archiving and take regular samples of intake and assessment forms checking on the quality of the case management records
- Ensure accurate quality reporting on the activities reported, in close collaboration with the Activity Coordinator, to prepare weekly and monthly reporting to be prepared.
- Maintain regular and positive collaboration with the colleagues to harmonize approaches and methodologies of response, share challenges and best practices.
Meetings and Trainings
- Attend meetings and workshop/training as requested by the Activity Coordinator like case management meetings and case conferences
- Lead weekly internal case management meetings
- Develop/ revise training tools for case management
- Organize and lead training in case management and follow up of the training sessions
Qualification and requirements:
Studies & professional experience:
- Hold an BA in social work – social sciences
- At least 3 years of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen, in particular case management for SGBV, CP and/or PwSN
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
Most relevant other requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts/referral pathways.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic - basic written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 10 December 2017
- Estimative date for the interview: between 12 and 15 December 2017 (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!