Social Worker (9)
National Staff Position
Position: Social Worker
Job site: Hajja (Abs & Ku’audina district)
Report to: Senior Social Worker and Activity Coordinator
Status: Full-time Staff
Social workers (3 per mobile protection team), based in Hajja, perform individual case management services (Psycho-Social First Aid - PSFA, Psycho-Social Counseling - PSC, referral and follow-up) for identified most vulnerable cases (Persons with Specific Needs (PwSN), Child Protection (CP) cases and Gender Based Violence (GBV) survivors) and conduct awareness sessions for men, women, girls and boys, and community leaders on protection related topics.
They work under supervision of the Senior Social Worker, work closely with local associations/civil society and conduct home visits, follow-up on individual cases, receive referred cases for other INTERSOS projects and other organisations/actors.
They should act according to the guiding principles of case management including using a survivor-centered approach, respecting confidentiality, and assuring safety, do not harm and non-discrimination.
INTERSOS is implementing an OCHA funded project entitled: ‘Integrated emergency protection response for the most vulnerable conflict-affected people in Hajja, Ibb, and North Taiz’. The project will address some of the critical needs of IDPs and conflict-affected community in Hajja, Ibb, and North Taiz.
INTERSOS will run 3 mobile protection teams in Hajja (Abs & Ku’audina district) under this project, supported by 6 community outreach volunteers (COVs) per team ensuring a maximum outreach in the communities. Each team will be linked to the catchment area of 2 health facilities. Direct referrals from health teams will help in the identification of the most vulnerable cases.
Community Level Assessments permit for identification of general protection trends and concerns and also allows the identification of the most vulnerable persons in need of individual case management (PSFA, PSC, referral and follow-up). Community mobilization and awareness will be at the core of this community-based protection approach, promoting community-based protection networks (CBPNs) through the mobilization of COVs, the engagement with local civil society actors and stakeholders and promoting integration and referral with other sectors.
INTERSOS will provide legal assistance and awareness with a focus on PoCs in lack of valid documentation (access to services and assistance to be facilitated). Community awareness sessions will focus on protection related topics. The sessions will be tailored per target, age and gender group.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify, counsel and follow up individual cases (self-referral, internal referral or referral by other actors), and assess their needs.
- Provide for PSFA to each individual case identified
- Conduct assessment of vulnerable cases, including environmental, emotional, behavioral, and social factors as well as resources and strengths that impact the individual well- being
- Conduct home visits to assess the living conditions of the cases.
- Refer cases internally for PSC, legal assistance, cash assistance or other specialized services provided by INTERSOS when needed.
- Provide/conduct individual PSC session with identified cases
- Ensure coordination with the main service providers in the area of intervention for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing
- Manage, fill, archive specific forms for cases profiling, referral and weekly reporting ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
- Be available to provide emergency assistance and basic emotional support for urgent cases
- Ensure that data protection protocol is respected.
- Ensure to keep complete and well organized records.
- Support the activity coordinator, COVs and lawyer in organizing awareness sessions.
- Support the Activity Coordinator in establishing close cooperation and linkage with the Community Based Protection Networks in gathering information and receiving referral cases.
- Provide daily updates to the Senior Social Worker about new cases assessed
- Report in detail on all cases with relevant information about the case, background, case plan, follow up and actions taken
- Assist the Senior Social Worker in providing reports to the Activity Coordinator of case management activities on a weekly basis
Meetings and Trainings
- Attend meetings and workshop/training as requested by the Activity Coordinator like case management meetings and case conferences
- Participates in daily/weekly staff meetings
- Participates in weekly internal case management meetings led by Senior social worker.
Qualification and requirements:
Studies & professional experience:
- Hold an BA in social work – social sciences
- At least 1 years of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen, in particular case management for SGBV, CP and PwSN
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, include relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts/referral pathways.
Most relevant other requirements:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic - basic written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 10 December 2017
- Estimative date for the interview: between 12 and 15 December 2017 (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!