Cash Transfer Officer
Position: Cash transfer officer
Job site: Sana’a – 1 position for 3 different project locations
Report to: Project Managers
Work together with: Senior social workers and Activity Coordinators under project managers of protection projects for conflict affected people (Hajja, Ibb and North Taiz)
Status: Full-time Staff
The cash transfer officer, based in Sana'a - covering all project locations (Hajja, Ibb and North Taiz), is responsible for processing the by each PM authorized cash beneficiary lists, dealings with the cash transfer agents and follow-up on beneficiary receipts for monthly reports.
The cash transfer officer maintains a centralized database with beneficiary information for sharing with PDM officer and PM for final reports.
The Cash Transfer Officer will be responsible for ensuring that day to day documentation and financial management functions are performed in accordance with INTERSOS policies, agreed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
INTERSOS is implementing an OCHA funded project entitled: ‘Integrated emergency protection response for the most vulnerable conflict-affected people in Hajja, Ibb, and North Taiz’. The project will address some of the critical needs of IDPs and conflict-affected community in Hajja, Ibb, and North Taiz.
INTERSOS will run 3 mobile protection teams in Hajja (Abs & Ku’audina district) under this project, supported by 6 COVs per team ensuring a maximum outreach in the communities. Each team will be linked to the catchment area of 2 health facilities. Direct referrals from health teams will help in the identification of the most vulnerable cases.
Community Level Assessments permit for identification of general protection trends and concerns and also allows the identification of the most vulnerable persons in need of individual case management (Psycho-Social First Aid - PSFA, Psycho-Social Counseling - PSC, referral and follow-up). Community mobilization and awareness will be at the core of this community-based protection approach, promoting community-based protection networks (CBPNs) through the mobilization of COVs, the engagement with local civil society actors and stakeholders and promoting integration and referral with other sectors.
INTERSOS will provide legal assistance and awareness with a focus on PoCs in lack of valid documentation (access to services and assistance to be facilitated). Community awareness sessions will focus on protection related topics. The sessions will be tailored per target, age and gender group.
This project will also complement ongoing programming in Ibb and North Taiz. The needs there have been identified during ongoing implementation of the current projects/activities: Firstly; INTERSOS runs since 2016 a One Stop Assistance Center (OSAC) located in Al-Qaeda - Dhi Suffal, covering protection services for PwSN, GBV and CP cases, funded by OFDA, combined with WASH for collective shelters. Especially the lack of dedicated unconditional cash assistance for protection and legal services led to work load and community pressure for the protection team at the OSAC in Al-Qaeda. Therefore, INTERSOS aims to cover under this project legal services through support of 2 lawyers and cash assistance for GBV and CP cases and PwSN. And secondly, in North Taiz (Dimnat Khadir and Ta’ziya), OFDA and UNHCR are funding INTERSOS protection team that conducts protection monitoring, provides for case management package and awareness. However, the project falls short for cash assistance for the identified most vulnerable protection cases, while the needs and expectation of the communities are enormous. INTERSOS aims to cover under this project cash for protection for GBV and CP cases and PwSN
- Monitor community mobilization, beneficiary’s identification, selection and registration processes timely, transparently in accordance with the program guidelines related to cash assistance for protection cases;
- The PMs of each project share final beneficiary list and filled registration form and share it with Cash Transfer officer for developing timely cash transfer plans;
- Monitor the cash transfer agents in processing the disbursements;
- Participate in various post distribution monitoring surveys;
- Regularly monitor program activities progress against program work plan promptly identifying any current or potential delays and provide timely inputs and feedback to the management;
- Compile and submit regular project updates/reports to the Management and promptly identify and recommend solutions to technical issues;
- Support team members to establish and maintain transparent, functional and respectful relationships with target communities, local representatives and partners to ensure the program is well understood and expectations are in line with the program objectives;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager;
- Be available to train the Protection Team on the foundations of and on how to communicate on Cash Based Interventions (CBI) and ability to provide coaching on the job;
Qualification and requirements:
Studies & professional experience:
- Hold a BA in accounting or finance (any other related field)
- Demonstrated familiarity with NGOs work in general and with Cash Based Interventions (CBI) in particular;
- Demonstrated experience in establishing partnerships and coordination of different stakeholders;
Most relevant other requirements:
- Ability to make analysis and develop plan;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Cash Transfer Programs;
- Familiarity with distribution cycle process and beneficiaries’ selection;
- Familiarity with Microfinance Institutions and social transfers;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office applications;
- Experience working with people from different backgrounds;
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy especially, PPT, Word, Excel);
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic – Advance written and spoken English will be an asset;
- Strong team spirit and willingness to cooperate with others;
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure;
- Deadline for submission of application: 10 December 2017
- Estimative date for the interview: between 12 and 15 December 2017 (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!