Ended Compliance Coordinator
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is an international humanitarian NGO providing development and relief services in Yemen since 1995. ADRA is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced candidate to work as a Compliance Coordinator in Sana’a Main Office
The primary responsibility of the Compliance Coordinator will be to work across functions to ensure that an appropriate control environment is in place.
Additionally, he/she will support the ADRA Yemen Directors and Managers at country level to oversee internal controls and compliance functions across the country programs, including support to the Finance, Procurement, Logistics and Human Resources teams to ensure that projects and programs are compliant with ADRA Yemen and donors' rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation, development and improvement of internal policies and procedures that are relevant to programs and projects cycle management, including (but not limited to) financial, procurement, logistics, human resources, anti- money laundering, anti-fraud and ant-bribery, whistleblowing and prevention of terrorism.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are up to date, fit for purpose and easy to access for all staff and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure internal policies and procedures reflect and are aligned to all relevant donor policies that ADRA Yemen is subject to.
- Ensure that ADRA Yemen staff and partners are conversant with donor guidelines relevant to their programs or projects and that compliance is a focus of their work.
- Work with the Administrative Committee providing advice and support on new programs and/or projects and potential new programs and/or projects.
- Monitor the capacity of ADRA Yemen and partner finance/administration/logistics staff and disseminate policies and procedures.
- Develop content for training workshops on compliance with internal and donor policies and procedures.
- Support country management teams and the finance function in building the capacity of compliance staff by facilitating delivery of training workshops and provision of advice in a mentoring role as required.
- Ensuring compliance is monitored & reported on in a structured & strategic way.
- Ensure all relevant staff members are aware of their responsibilities re compliance.
- Work with relevant line managers and feed in to appraisals of staff.
- Maintain regular contact with relevant staff at country and field level and ensure they are providing sufficient compliance advice and assurance in their offices.
- Establish and produce quarterly and annual compliance reporting system for ADRA Yemen ADCOM, Board and senior management with findings and issues identified during the reviews, give appropriate recommendations on improvements to the programs and related partners' processes, systems and procedures where appropriate.
- Review internal and external audit reports and statutory management letter audit points and provide management feedback as appropriate.
- Ensure due diligence of ADRA Yemen current and potential partners is carried out systematically and that relevant risks are identified and mitigated before contracting with them.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Economics. Internationally recognized Accounting Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) is highly desirable
- At least 5 years of experience as Internal or External Auditor, Compliance Officer or related job position preferably in an INGO
- Understanding of the key principles of sound financial management and the standard policies and procedures that apply in the INGO sector is a must.
- Proactive and motivated with a strong commitment to ADRA Yemen vision, mission and values.
- Excellent ICT skills including a good knowledge of MS Office and accounting software/ERPs.
- Attention to detail and the ability to produce timely and accurate reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Fluent in Arabic and English required.
- Planning and organizing.
The deadline for receiving applications is Monday, Dec 11, 2017
Interested candidates shall send their application by CLICKING HERE
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Submit only one application per position