Information Management Associate
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is an international humanitarian NGO providing development and relief services in Yemen since 1995. ADRA is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced candidate to work as an Information Management Associate in Sana’a Main Office
The Information Management Assistant will be responsible for execution of written and multimedia content for communication strategies including outreach via the web, social media, email, and events. S/he will also collaborate with program & administration teams to develop effective reporting mechanisms and ensuring timely reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the programs department and project/programs managers to identify data, stories, and articles for communications materials;
- In collaboration with the M&E Officer, Country Director, Director of Programs and Partnerships, and other technical personnel, draft or edit, finalize and ensure the publication and dissemination of written materials and website content. Materials and content may include abstracts, reports, presentations, brochures, articles, press releases, speeches, briefings and update notes, blog posts, and social media content.
- Manage distribution process of communications material so the right information gets to the right audiences at the right time.
- Develop communication plans for events and new projects.
- Oversee the management of ADRA Yemen’s photo and video library as well as the institutional memory to ensure that information and materials are easy to access.
- Coordinate both internally and externally to initiate, develop, review, refine and finalize monthly, quarterly and annual reports for donors, management and for other stakeholders including narrative donor reports, Sit Reps, etc.
- Develop and maintain mechanisms for effective reporting and taking the full lead in the projects and programs reporting and track and organize reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain mechanisms for quality reporting on projects and programs and ensure compliance with these at all times.
- Assist in translation of reports and related documents as required and ensures proper filing of all reports.
- Develop and maintain dashboard for all reports required from ADRA Yemen and follow with respect departments on due reports.
- Oversight of the ADRA Yemen website and for web output on a day-to-day basis – including writing new web material, updating outdated content, editing contributions from others, uploading complementary images and footage.
- Developing, writing/copy editing and/or sourcing of content for ADRA Yemen website as well as for ADRA Yemen social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube…etc) with the support of the ICT Officer upon request.
- Responsible for web analytics, monitor and adjust web content/social media content accordingly.
- Ensure that field media enquiries are being received and are available for interview on print, radio and television.
- Provide guidance and talking points as requested to colleagues regarding on-going media requests and interview opportunities.
- To share target media knowledge social messaging and humanitarian information dissemination.
Branding and Marketing
- Maintaining and ensuring the organization’s branding clarity and consistency.
- Ensure that ADRA Yemen logo, printing material (both in hard and soft) and communication (in the form of banners, etc.) fulfill the set branding criteria and processes at all times and in all implementing modalities.
- Advise the Country Director, Directors of Programs and Partnerships and other key staff in the country on media, public information, event management and visibility issues.
- Ensure timely and efficient publication and distribution of media content on ADRA Yemen website and via other ADRA Yemen media channels.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in journalism, communications, public relations, international development or other relevant fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in science communications, public relations and/or non-profit communications activities and achievements.
- Fluent English and Arabic speaker (spoken, written and read).
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Experience with graphic design an asset;
- Photography skills an asset;
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing.
- Demonstrates innovation, creativity and documented immersion in social media.
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Efficient and effective communicator, demonstrated ability to share knowledge and capacity build
The deadline for receiving applications is Monday, December 11, 2017
Interested candidates shall send their application by CLICKING HERE
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Submit only one application per position