Ended Snr. Social Worker/Counselor /Child Protection (3)
Position: Senior Social Worker/Social Counselor /Social Counselor Child Protection (CP) – IBB, TAIZ
Job site: Al-Qaeda – Dhi Al-Sufal and Al-Sayani, IBB governorate – Al-Taizah district, Taiz governorate
Report to: Activities Coordinator, Reporting officer
Receives reports from: Social Worker, Volunteers
No of positions: 3 positions
Program Title: Expansion of emergency WASH activities including Cholera emergency respond, protection and nutrition assistance for conflict affected populations in Yemen.
Prevention and response to Gender Based Violence and Child Protection/ PSS thorough provision of life-saving protection service improving access to basic rights to GBV survivors, PWSN, children and caregivers
Number of people trained in child protection, disaggregated by sex
Number of conflict-affected children have access to a friendly and protective environment (8 mobile CFSs)
Numbers of children at risk or survivors of exploitation and violence have access to timely and adequate case management services
The Social Counsellor CP will work closely with AC, PSC, SWs and Volunteers to ensure that all child protection activities under the project are designed and implemented at high efficiency. Activities include supporting identified children through the provision of individual support and case management, psychosocial/psychological support, protection monitoring and referral. The Senior Social Worker/Social Counsellor has to facilitate appropriate flow of communication between Volunteers, PSC, and AC to ensure consistency and effectiveness of the partnership. The Senior Social Worker/Social Counsellor’s role shall contribute to strengthening of the child protection system defined by INTERSOS project in terms of referral pathway and case management.
- The Senior Social Worker/Social Counsellor will work closely with AC, PSC, SWs and Volunteers; cooperate with members of the team to ensure the effective implementation and coordination of all child protection project activities.
- Provide prompt and appropriate responses to children at risk or survivors of abuse, exploitation, neglect and violence, in particular Gender Based Violence (GBV).
- Ensure children harmed or at risk (including GBV) of being harmed are identified and receive individual case management support by conducting documentation, assessments, case plans, direct service provision, referrals and follow ups for an assigned case load of children in timely manner.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the project staff and partners on case management and child protection services particularly on difficult cases; increase their knowledge, skills, and confidence of staff and community leaders responsible for children safety and welfare; Work with staff implementing activities in child friendly spaces in order to ensure timely and on-going case management support for identified vulnerable children and their families;
- Facilitate trainings. Focus group discussion’s, courses and awareness sessions on child protection issues; work with community members including children, families and local representatives to active involvement in Child Protection (CP) programmes and increase knowledge about key CP issues.
- Support AC, PSC, SWs and Volunteers disseminating information on child protection, and the prevention of exploitation and abuse.
- Work with AC, PSC and SWs to develop and promote standards of care for conflict-affected children and IDPs;
- Collecting project lesson learned and contributes to relevant advocacy platforms with local levels;
- Participate in case management meetings and case conferences with the multi-disciplinary team and prepare case reports, and victim’s need assessment to support case management as necessary;
- Hold an BA in social sciences or related fields
- At least 1 years of professional experience working in case management related issues (as Senior Social Worker/Social Counsellor or as Senior Social Worker/Social Counsellor ), especially for CP
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, terminology
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy), especially in Excel
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Native Arabic –EXCELLENT written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Deadline for submission of application: 11 December 2017;
- Estimative date for the interview: 3rd week of December 2017 (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted);
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation);
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered);
- Clearly mention the job and location that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!